Samsung GALAXY Note

I'm hoping their "S Pen" is actually a Wacom active digitiser. It's one of the few Android phones that really got me interested. I might go for this over the iPhone 5, depending on what the prices are like.

wow that phone looks lush and if it gets updated to icecream sandwhich (when google release it) it will be a fantastic (tablit/phone/xbread) device :p

It would be difficult to go with iphone but we must see what they pull out of the bag.

It faces a tough crowd though. People who think this is too small to be a tablet are blind. People who think this is too large to be a phone are probably right; but screw them!

I can only begin to imagine how awesome the screen on this thing must be.

It really harks back to the days when we had PDAs, and I imagine it being about the size of my Nokia N810 which is a really good tablet size. The iPad is awesome around the home, and as a bedside internet-crap-checker and gaming device... but I can't help but want a generously sized but pocketable tablet for on the go.

I almost went for Dell's offering. Almost.

That looks nice, the bigger the screen the better imo. I didn't read anything about carriers though. Any word on who would be selling it here in the states?

This is actually one of the first "tablets" that I understand and can see myself using. Other tablets lack portability such that you might just as well carry around a laptop instead.

Do we know anything about battery life for this thing?

If this is a usefull guage i managed to get 4 days out of it with out a charge using sensible underclocking and only using it for phone calls texts and an alarm clock on a low brightnes setting. And yesterday i got just over 4 hours use playing colin mcrae dirt 3 and batman arkam asylm with the screen on the brightest display wif/bluetooth on and a sixaxis and icp connected. And the games run with jack all lag funning at full speed. Blew my mind when i discovered that android divises now can run pc games at full speed and on a nice 5 inch screen is sick

Yep got it in one think ive been slow to find the onlive app but i think its great, like it runs so unbelievably smooth i actually underclocked to 800mhz and it still runs great. i was concerned that streaming games via the internet would be slow laggy and choppy, but it runs near perfect whity amazing graphics ( however it is ever so slightly blury) it looks like playing a ps3 or 360 through a non hd tv. obviously cause its an app it will work with other devises but the notes 5¨ screen makes gaming much more enjoyable. this app alone make up for the pissed screen on my note (which is mega dissapointing)

Sorry am being a bit thick and dont quite understand the question. I get a download speed of just under 5mbs and it streams the games via the net so there no internal storage space used up.

Haha sorry i'm not to sure how to find that info out, if you let us know what i need to do to check the ram per unit time i will gladly find it out for you

I use onlive quite a bit, but it's only when on wifi... the only bandwidth quote I can come up with is for the desktop / tv version that says 800kbs for their codec for 720p... which is insane for a 3g connection... so I'm sure that can't be right

EDIT: saw somewhere else where they did some enhancements to their codec for their mobile version that was susposed to be a 10 fold decrease in bandwith useage... so that would put it at 80kbs? would sound reasonable if true

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha sorry i'm not to sure how to find that info out, if you let us know what i need to do to check the ram per unit time i will gladly find it out for you

Checking RAM, won't help, as data is being continuously overwritten - you want a network monitoring app.

Ive not just bacuause previous expriences with bochs. Its a really nice proof of concept and a nice little party piece for a mobile devise however it currently doesnt really run much o5her than solitare. Ive have ubuntu running on it but it just don5 feel right at the moment its abit choppy for my liking, it seems to run exactly the same as it does on my hd2. Its not far off though jut a few tweeks here and there and it would be great.

Back