SADAAM HUSEIN CAPTURED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although oil was probably the reason for the war (unless Saddam had the WoMD in that little hole with him) there isn't any doubt that a good thing has been done.

It's just a shame the job wasn't finished 10 years ago, it would have saved a lot of lives.

YAY!

With Saddam dead, looks like most of the cells will have lost their morale. Violence in the country should drop down quite a bit.

But what about Osama, or any of the other dozens, maybe hundreds of aspiring megalomaniacs plotting against the West?

Nice job with Hussein but the route to peace lies in eliminating the causes of terrorism, not just every terrorist.

I am AMERICAN. I don't think America is the greatest. I am certianly proud of living in America. I am NOT proud of our government, but it appears Majority rules and I have to live with the governing rule we have so far.

AMERICANS DON'T think they are all high and mighty, we honestly don't care.
We just want to be safe from opression, proscution. Its our Governing body that puts that mentality of 'AMericans are gods" to the rest of the world.

I am sure I am not the only one who is proud of my country and nation. Whether you are Iraqi, Russian, French, German..etc, you all should be proud.

Yes there may be people out there that are "GO GO America" BUT I can assure you, the majority of us americans are very down to earth and don't care about global power and world domination.

Personally this "might" of the US is all from Hollywood movies...pur and simple.

I am just glad of ONE thing..Saddam is captured, and that is one less terrorist to worry about. One less car bomb, one less jetliner crashing into a skyscraper. I wish the Iraqi people safe and good lives.

OH YEAH...and I Don't give 2 poops about oil..complain to our Forest Gump president..GW BUSH if you think that is all the REAL america really cares about.

Xyo posted on Dec 14 2003 at 03:28 PM said:
And this is nothing to make the French and russians embarrased. They didnt fight because they didn't believe their were weapons of Mass Destruction. Only wheh they werent there did the mtive become the freedom of the iraqi people.
This simply isn't true.

The French, Russians et al didn't take part because they had equipped the Iraqis with weapons - something like 400x as many weapons as the Americans had - in the first place, and were set to benefit (in terms of oil) if Saddam stayed in power.

They are the biggest hypocrites of the lot, because they preferred to keep Saddam's brutal regime in place and benefit from the oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's times like these I'm proud to be a Canadian. Now I'm off to drink some more beer with good ol' Canadian mounties and a bunch of hot Canadian women while watching the hockey game. :lol:

***Warning violent language and underage drinking Rated-R***

Once again, another Thread, another Bash...

WTF. :angry: if anyone should have any complaints here, it should be the Iraqi's with death and poverty for the last 20+ years with Saddam in power. If there are a few who still wish we didn't come to Iraq, FUCK EM'. IS all we'll say, we came for the Oil. I'd prefer cheaper gas, and a new country (we shouldn't hand over power, if u don't agree with me, look into some a history book). Arab's are better then blacks "random bitching" anyway.

From the mouth of a future Marine. DD.

-Matt (Fuck u, Fuck u, oh and I'm sorry fuck u) Don't talk about economics and democratic issues unless u know what the fuck ur talkin about, or at least have ur facts straight) BLAH!! :angry:

America will cover the whole world one day, and everyone will be happy! I know I'll be.

*random bitching

I am Human!! NOT AMERICAN!!! SO Can't we just all get along????? ;)

whodahell600 posted on Dec 14 2003 at 04:09 PM said:
p.s. all you europeans who r talkin shit better shut the fuck up because its not us american gamers who started the war, it was the second craziest guy on earth(saddam is first) George W. Bush
I think nobody here thinks that the American citizens started the war, because a government has to start it of course. So you're making bad generalisations here...

TJFBryant posted on Dec 14 2003 at 05:56 PM said:
I am sure I am not the only one who is proud of my country and nation. Whether you are Iraqi, Russian, French, German..etc, you all should be proud.
I can't be proud of a country which cramps me and takes my freedom. I was born in Germany and I don't give a fuck about this country, nationalism took more lifes that it saved.

And when I go on the streets for a demonstation, I don't do that because I have a German passport with my name in it, but because that's my opinion and this is part of my ethic, and I even would do this if I had another nationality.

And american soldiers still die in Irak, because you try to take from Irak people Freedom !
Are you trying to suggest that by liberating them from a dictator that took 60,000 lives in Baghdad alone from innocent Iraqi's, that somehow, we are taking away thier freedom?

I think it's funny to see people who don't know what they're talking about finding politics interesting
My thoughts exactly!

taras posted on Dec 14 2003 at 02:17 PM said:
I think it's funny to see people who don't know what they're talking about finding politics interesting :)
oh.... how very nice and patronising. Who says they dont know what they are talking about, just because they have a different opinion to you.

So what if they found Sadam? does that bring back all the chilldren that died at the hands of American bombs? Do the Republicans feel really good at getting rid of a man they helped make powerful in order to fight against Iran??

And why are America still allied with some of the most brutal regimes in the world?? Maybe its because they are pro-America and maybe its got someting to do with OIL??

I am obviously not pro-Saddam before anyone accuses me of being, but what this will lead to is Bush winning the next election, and the possible invasions and killing of more innocent people, in the name of "War against Terror".

The biggest terrrorist in the world is also the most powerful man in the world.

Just a second. It doesn't make sense to say that coalition forces, I say coalition to remind you that the Americans are NOT in this alone, are trying to take the freedom of the Iraqi people away. Are you even aware of the kind of things he (Saddam) did and how positive of an impact we have had on Iraq. This morning, I watched the news and saw a woman interviewed who was in Iraq as Saddam was testing his chemicals on the citizens. Some of the first people likely to be tested were the Christians in the north since Saddam hated them anyways and this particular woman was just that. Well, she made it to America and now says that the capture of Saddam has made this the best Christmas for her ever. That simply touched my heart and I would like to see what she would say to you if you were to say to her that we were taking away the freedom of the Iraqi's. She may now be able to return to her remaining family members there if she wishes without fear of being persecuted for her beliefs. Is that not freedom?

starwarsnerd posted on Dec 14 2003 at 08:59 PM said:
Oh at and please be a little more specific about these "brutal regimes".
specific: - how about Israel and Saudi Arabia for a start???

i'm very pleased he's been captured

i also agree with the comments about 'shame on you germany, france etc'

we helped the french out many times in the past
probably gonna be forced to help germany with their euro and crappo economy

where's the thanks eh ?

i think the americans, english and spanish are the most determined and fair-minded race in the world

bush and blair should get peace medals - the amount of people they have just saved is unquantifiable - 400,000 people murdered in iraq alone since his dictatorship

those that think America went in Iraq just for the oil are just too lazy to get off their asses and watch the news. Everyone knows Iraq will run out of oil in about 50 years!!! And like the other person said, go ahead and put sadaam back in power. I can't wait till he gases you and blows you up!

zboy9 posted on Dec 14 2003 at 09:24 PM said:
those that think America went in Iraq just for the oil are just too lazy to get off their asses and watch the news. Everyone knows Iraq will run out of oil in about 50 years!!! And like the other person said, go ahead and put sadaam back in power. I can't wait till he gases you and blows you up!
now wasnt that ridiculous. I seem to remember from a previous post that you claim to watch the news..... but it turned out that that you watch FOX news.... How anybody can call that news is unbelievable. Its pure propaganda. Just because things are on TV, doesny mean they are true.

Iraq has the second largest Oil reserves in the world. Iraqi oil may run out in 50 years, but the world supply of oil will not last much longer at the rate the US and other western countries burn..... that's fact.
50 years is a pretty long time by the way.

Now turning to your most ridiculous point of them all. How could Sadam gas us. He couldnt even manage a few succesful rocket launches at Kuwait when his country was being bombed, how do you expect him to gas us all??

Isreal? They are fighting a war (sort of) with the Palestinian's because dispute over borders. They aren't hiding telling people to board plane and run them into towers and take trucks loaded with bombs to banks in peaceful cities. They attack one people, the Palestinians because of the land they are not terrorists. Can anybody who fights in a war be called brutal. Absolutelt no.

starwarsnerd posted on Dec 14 2003 at 09:34 PM said:
Isreal? They are fighting a war (sort of) with the Palestinian's because dispute over borders. They aren't hiding telling people to board plane and run them into towers and take trucks loaded with bombs to banks in peaceful cities. They attack one people, the Palestinians because of the land they are not terrorists. Can anybody who fights in a war be called brutal. Absolutelt no.
Its not a war..... Its simply a persecution of a people. Israel has illegally occupied Palestinian land (Decided by the UN). They dont have to tell people to board planes, they can just send bombs and tanks to kill innocent Palestinian women and children and still get unbelievably massive amounts of "Aid" from the US administration.
Anybody who fight an illegal, immoral and brutal war can obviously be called brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back