Release Java Screenshot - Yet Another Screenshot Tool

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
This is a very simple Screenshot taking application.

If you are using SnapSnapTimer, the key differences here are :
- the pictures can be saved one by one, when you are ready to take them.
- you can save them in any custom path and you can change the path for every picture.
- pictures are saved in .jpg format to save space.
- the application icon remain in the taskbar, so it can be easily accessed once launched.
- the captured image is also captured in the clipboard so you can paste it in a picture edition software on Pandora.

Note that this probably is not very practical to take pictures in fullscreen games. But for desktop applications this works very well.

You need JAVA to be installed to run this PND.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=javascreenshot

01.png

How, exactly, does this work?

I assume you have to have this app running in the background while you are doing whatever it is you want to screen-capture.

So what button do you press then to get the option to screen capture?  And then can you save the screen capture somewhere on your SD card, or does it do this automatically?

I'm thinking in terms of screenshots on C4A MAME games, etc.

So you have a full screen app running that you want to capture.

I know you said this thing is not currently practical for fullscreen games...but could it be made so in an update version?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what button do you press then to get the option to screen capture? And then can you save the screen capture somewhere on your SD card, or does it do this automatically? I'm thinking in terms of screenshots on C4A MAME games, etc. So you have a full screen app running that you want to capture. I know you said this thing is not currently practical for fullscreen games...but could it be made so in an update version?
You dont' press any physical button but the "capture button" on the windows itself. Then the application will auto-hide for a few seconds, take the screenshot and reappear.

The reason why it's not practical for full screen games is because you cannot have access to the button anymore, and besides I'm not sure this application would capture anything that's on a fullscreen hardware layer.

I am not the author of this application so do not expect any update :)

Back