running linux arm executables on Pandora

amyren

I have some projects made with the Hollywood programming language, and wanted to give them a test to see if I could run it on my Pandora.
I compilie it for linux arm, but the executables does not run. I set the file to executable in the file properties, but I only get "no such file or directory" if I try to run it from the file manager, or "command not found" if run from terminal.

I tested under Superzaxxon 1.76, I have not tried making a Slackware setup to test.

I am a bit rusty with the Pandora, I just dug it out of the closet just for testing, so I havent been playing with it in a while. Are there any obvious reasons that this doesnt work?

I think you need to compile things arm+softfp for any chance for it to run on Pandora. But I'm a little mystified by the 'command not found' error you're getting on the terminal. You refer to it by the correct path I assume.

Maybe show a copy of the console log with:
* 'ls -l' showing the executable
* 'file' showing the executable
* 'echo $PATH'
* running the command
Then it may be easier to help.

It may be a dumb suggestion, but did you ran the command with "./mycommand" ? Otherwise the OS will search for the command under /usr/bin/mycommand

Here is what I get when I type it into the terminal:

amypand:~$ cd /usr/games
amypand:/usr/games$ ls -l
total 4680
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4788610 jun 13 20:01 DonkeyKong
amypand:/usr/games$ file DonkeyKong
DonkeyKong: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, stripped
amypand:/usr/games$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
amypand:/usr/games$ DonkeyKong
bash: /usr/games/DonkeyKong: No such file or directory
Post automatically merged:

It may be a dumb suggestion, but did you ran the command with "./mycommand" ? Otherwise the OS will search for the command under /usr/bin/mycommand
yes, I also tried ./DonkeyKong

Hi..did you try a
Code:
chmod 777 ./DonkeyKong
to make the File executable?
That changed it from -rwxr-xr-x to -rwxrwxrwx so I think it already was executable. It still says No such file or directory when trying to run it.

I think you need to compile things arm+softfp for any chance for it to run on Pandora. But I'm a little mystified by the 'command not found' error you're getting on the terminal. You refer to it by the correct path I assume.
I am afraid the Hollywood compiler doesnt offer options like that. It does have the option to select a wide range of platforms when compiling, including arm, ppc, x86 and x64 for linux. But no further options like softfp.
Try:
ldd /usr/games/DonkeyKong
The command outputs:
line 119: /usr/games/DonkeyKong: No such file or directory
Do you have a Link for this Game that we can give it a Try too?
Sure. I just uploaded a copy to my gdrive:

Pandora has GNU/Linux 2.6.16, not GNU/Linux 2.6.32, and "ldd" from Codeblocks shows "No such file or directory".

I think with the wrong version it can't load the required libraries.

It shoud looks like this:
gamebox:/media/CODEBLOCKS/Projects$ ldd /usr/bin/globaltime libxfcegui4.so.4 => /usr/lib/libxfcegui4.so.4 (0x4014a000) libstartup-notification-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so.0 (0x400c9000) libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x4010d000) libuuid.so.1 => /usr/lib/libuuid.so.1 (0x400d8000) libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x400ef000) libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x40198000)

Thomas

Last edited:
Yea its the typical wrong binary type error.
Simplest way to resolve this is to run it in a compatible chroot.
Eg, get a hardfloat debian, this doesnt even need to be a pandora os, chroot in it and run the program in this terminal.

I used this regulary back when i wanted to use debian without rebooting into it.

Hey i do have an Idea..
..maybe you get it run with Notaz Experimental ARMHF Support.

Had that idea just only in this Moment.

Reactions: rSl
I did try the armhf support and it goes a bit further. I get lots of info when using ldd.
Now I get "segmentation fault" if I try to run it.

I doubt this is going to work. My idea was if my game worked, I could try to learn to create PND files out of it and finally release them on the repo.

If anyonbe wants to test the game, the file on the google drive runs on the Raspberry Pi. Note that you will need libssl1.0.0 installed to run it. (unfortunately the hurl plugin linked in the game is hardcoded to use v1.0.0, so it needs to be v1.0.0)
The game is a recreation of the old G&W dual-screen LCD game DonkeyKong, with network support for storing top 10 highscores.

Back