RPG Maker 2000/3!

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
I hope anyone takes this into consideration so a ported RM2k/3 engine to GP32 can be possible. Just imagine playing professional-looking RPGs created with ease on a handheld and showing it off to your friends. :D Also, dont forget the save function too! :)

Look on GP32Emu, some people are already programming a RPGEngine

I hope anyone takes this into consideration so a ported RM2k/3 engine to GP32 can be possible. Just imagine playing professional-looking RPGs created with ease on a handheld and showing it off to your friends. :D Also, dont forget the save function too! :)
I'm trying to resist the urge to insult the entire RM2K community but I have seen few good, "professional-quality" games from it. It's more of a toy. However I can tell you that it will not be ported, as the source is not available, and as much as your pirating might tell you otherwise the product is actually commercial. It costs money, that's why Don took it off his site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahwell, the EDITOR is commercial, the PLAY ENGINE can freely be given away.

I read the news about the RPGEngine for GP32 not long ago... but I cannot find any pics for it :( anyone know where I can see some?

EvilDragon - thanks, I didn't know that. The fact remains that there's no source for the play engine, and also (although this is irrelevant) I don't think many people legally own the editor.

RPGEngine is a little project run by gp32emu by a few coders...won't be compatible with RM2K however.

RPGMaker 2000 has been unofficially translated by DonMiguel.
RPGMaker 2003 by some other guys...

I downloaded it to give it a try, quite a nice little program :)
Now I'm waiting for the official translation (which should be out soon) because I want
to buy it :)

the rpg makers are neat, i even remember starting a port of chrono trigger and it came along great, but then stopped working on it, and my hard drive crashed a while after that. lost my soundfonts, cartoons, and games i was working on.

Right now i am really getting into making maps and mods for halflife and tfc, its just so powerfull.

Question about that, I wonder why Don Miguel released an entire new distribution for RM2K where he could have just released new binaries, or file patches...

I checked through the archive news on gp32emu.com for all the info and pics on RPgP32 (the name of the RPG Engine project). I really cant wait for this to be ready! :D

Back