Role Playing Games

kardasan posted on Dec 15 2006 at 04:00 PM said:
Why haven't anyone mention Shadowrun for SNES?

It was mentioned in the original post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobriand posted on Dec 15 2006 at 08:07 PM said:
Well, not on the SNES at least. I've seen PAL PSX versions though, I'm certain... I suppose I *could* be wrong, but I'm fairly sure not...

Nope. The PSX port of CT, as well as Chrono Cross, was never released in PAL territories either :angry: Which means I have absolutely no bad conscience about downloading the ISO from one of those sites I surely know nothing about and won't speak about here :)

Me, I'm a Japanese CRPG person all the way, with a special soft spot for the original Grandia. On the GP2x, I'm currently playing FF3 (that is, the NES game, not FF6 misnumbered for USA).

In general, I play any FF game that comes my way :) And whenever I manage to reach my goal of having completed all the "main" FF games, I'll give the Gameboy games a go, too (FF legends I-III, FF Adventure) even though they're not, strictly speaking, Final Fantasy games.

Some of my favorites:
  • Nethack - Wonder GP2X port by Dzz
  • Dungeon Master - Several emulated versions available, but kinda needs keyboard/mouse to be fun.
  • Wasteland - C64 version should work fine, and the PC version might be playable through DOSBox even, but both kinda need keyboard support.
  • Ultima IV - I'm still hoping for a port of XU4 with menus, but until then, there's always the C64, SMS, and NES version (I can't vouch for the quality of the last two, and the C64 version needs keyboard support).
  • Ultima VII 1/2 - Both done to damn-near perfection courtesy of Exult.
  • All the Gold Box AD&D games, especially the Forgotten Realms ones - I haven't tried any of these on the GP2X, but I imagine the C64 versions should be playable at the very least. Amiga/PC versions might be a bit rougher. I think these ones should work ok without too much keyboard use.
--Zero

I'm currently bouncing back and forth between Lufia II:Rise of the Sinistrals and 7th Saga for the SNES... both excellent games but different enough that, between the two, I keep from getting bored. I'm also a big fan of the Shining series (Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force I & II, etc.)

Ze_ro posted on Dec 16 2006 at 11:09 PM said:
[*]Dungeon Master - Several emulated versions available, but kinda needs keyboard/mouse to be fun.

--Zero

There is a version on SNES which should be designed to work well without the need for a mouse or keyboard.

Don't forget classic like:

Crystalis (nes,gameboycolor)
destiny of a emperor (nes)
magic of scheherazade (nes)
king's bounty (genesis)
inindo way of the ninja (snes)
double dungeon (pc engine)

Back