Release Rocks'n'Diamonds [UPDATE]

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Since Rocks'n'Diamonds wasn't available at the repo yet but only at the old OpenHandhelds Archive, I decided to port the latest version and make it fit the 800x480 Pandora screen :)

You can get it at the repo here: Download

rndpvw.png

Note: Image is from the normal version, not from the Pandora one :)

There are still a few minor things to fix (i.e. graphic glitch when reading Tutorial texts), but it is completely playable and working fine.

Let me know if you encounter any more bugs.

And if anyone knows how to make Doublebuffering work (I get a black screen when I enable it using notaz' SDL), let me know :)

Enjoy the game :)

Wow! Busy with Pyra and still port stuff for Pandora?  Awesome!  Thanks.
Well, there are times when you need to do something else to clear your head :)

And I love that game, so an 800x480 version with a bigger playfield was missing here :D

It is, but mostly based on Emerald Mine (which I always liked better than Boulder Dash)

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk

I don't even remember which system I played Boulder Dash on, but I really enjoyed boulder dash.  For some reason I think it was on a Atari computer.  A slimmer model of keyboard with cartridge slot computer than the funky chunky yellowing thing I had in school.

Rocks and Diamonds sounds like it has a bit more varied gameplay.  I'll have to check your port out!  Thanks for all of your work ED!

You've probably already seen this, but there was some confusion with Notaz's double buff: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/6231-improved-sdl-for-pandora/page-12/URL]

That thread may not have the answer you're looking for, but it looks like it does take care of several double buffering questions.  Trying to get motivated to make *some* sort of progress on a game idea I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really played Boulder Dash (or any variant of it) until one or two years ago on the Pandora :)

Probably when I was young I didn't get the concept or I just wasn't patient enough? I've been more into racing games anyway ...

I missed the first release of Rocks'n'Diamonds, only played Epiphany before. But this is even more fun. Maybe because it looks and feels like an Amiga-game, but the also levels are more fun and interesting.

It's also great to just waste a few minutes in between.

Thanks!

Back