RiscOS

Yes and no. Last time I was working on the Territory stuff.
Have build a new package for interntionalization and made the German translation ready to use. Was a real masochistic work.
German is also working on the Pandora.
Pyra: No news. Nobody of us has a Pyra. We are waiting on delivery. So the OMAP5 port is working but never try on a Pyra.

I tried to boot the OMAP5 rom from the sd card. But unfortunately I didn't get it. The boot process of the pyra is unfortunately not / not well documented. I don't know which files are necessary for the pyra to boot the rom from the sd card. :|

You can probably just use uboot to boot riscos. You'll need to look for your boot partition, I'd suggest doing a 'mount|grep /\ ' (to search for the device mounted as root), then 'lsblk /dev/<deviceid>' where deviceid is the value returned by the mount command less the last one or two characters (try both, that command won't change anything, it just lists blocks', to see how many partitions are on that media, and if it's mounted, where. Then if it's not mounted, mount is as /mnt ('sudo mount /dev/<deviceid> /mnt'), then observe it it contains a boot.txt or any autoboot.txt. If it contains one of those, that's where you need to set up the riscos boot parameters. Unfortunately I don't know enough about risc os to suggest what to put. but it's worth finding out what you can see on your pyra following these instructions.

Maybe you can made an u-boot image from RISC OS using Mkimage but I think no chance to get it work. There is nothing in the HAL. Maybe you can load RISC OS but Pyras hardware will be ignored.

thanks for your answers. i think i would rather wait until there is a finished image for the pyra.

Back