Revo K101+ Crystal Editions

Okay, that's weird, in that Matzu reports that Yoshi's Universal Gravitation doesn't work due to the tilt sensor, and as far as I can tell, Warioware Twisted uses the same sensor.

Okay, that's weird, in that Matzu reports that Yoshi's Universal Gravitation doesn't work due to the tilt sensor, and as far as I can tell, Warioware Twisted uses the same sensor.
Putting a ROM of one of those games on the K-card obviously wont work, but the cartridges work just like on GBA, since it's a hardware clone

Edit: after reading Matzu's post it seems like he was using a cartridge. I don't know wario ware twisted would work but not gravitation

Edit 2: Matzu also says Zelda 1 didn't work, but the person who wrote that review said it worked with some slowdowns

Last edited:
Yepp, i meant the Yoshis Universal Gravitation Cardridge whit the Tiltsensor
And the GBA Nes Classic Collection Versions ditnt seems to work correktly (some have slowdowns some ditnt work whit the controlls)
But they also dosnt work on Pandora..
Nes works fine

My new Crystal Revo also have the same display damage as my old white one,
But i dotnt have the money to buy a third one if i wants the Pyra ...
Why have this to happen to me??

It arrived!

IMAG0079.jpg
The box

IMAG0081.jpg
The box again

IMAG0082.jpg
The insides, The packaging is very nice.

IMAG0084.jpg
The unit itself.

IMAG0086.jpg
Comparison

IMAG0087.jpg
Yes the thing on the top is my Pandora

IMAG0089.jpg
The extras. The Rose Colored Gaming sticker is particularly nice.

IMAG0091.jpg
Also this.

IMAG0092.jpg IMAG0093.jpg
The back and the K-Card, which is from a crystal blue version it looks like.

IMAG0094.jpg IMAG0095.jpg
The screen looks very nice, 2x resolution on left stretch to screen size on right. It's not on full brightness in the picture.

The K-Card came with some homebrew gba ROMs on it, but I'm playing A Link to the Past from the cartridge.
The buttons and D-Pad work nicely but they have a tendency to stick down temporarily, you can still push them though and I suspect with a little more wear it wont be a problem.
It's the most annoying with the D-pad, sometimes when I go from right to down, for example right will stick for a bit.
I'm guessing this is just due to the fact that the buttons and d-pad are custom, hopefully with a little use they'll stop sticking.

Update: I tryed my version of The Legend of Zelda NES Classics cartridge and it works fine.
Well fine as in it starts and plays, it does have frequent slow downs in certain areas.

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 485
  • IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
That double line is part of the original (Japanese) Famicom controller design, so I believe it to be based on that, as is the 8bitdo FC-30 pro controller in one of the photos. I believe the silvery gold of the FC-30 pro is closer to the original metal colour, although the red plastic of the K101+ is more evident. Neither of them quite seem to have the redness of the original red plastic quite right though.

The original line of game&watch uses similar colours, though no double line, being of a similar vintage to the Famicom. Perhaps the bright gold of the K101+ is actually more like what they were going for, but limitations of plastic films back then meant they could only manage a slightly golden silver.

Hi all :)

Slightly off-topic: unfortunately that Revo K101+ won't run classical Game Boy games natively, right ?

Do you guys know of good / modern Game Boy clones that @EvilDragon could sell in his shop ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all :)

@FIQ and @Klumpen : I think you're getting me wrong guys. I meant original Game Boy games, not NES games ported to GBA...

If I understand correctly, the Revo K101+ is capable of running Game Boy games, but only through emulation...

So my question is: are there any GB / GBC only clones around that @EvilDragon could sell in his shop ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back