Revo K101+ Crystal Editions

The ashens video shows you the different scaling modes the device has, if you look towards the end.  He doesn't state what the actual resolution is or how that maps on to the native GBA resolution, but he claims it does have a mode that uses simple integer multiplication (possibly where the pixels aren't scaled at all, I don't know), as well as a scale maintaining ratio and a full screen mode.

from the specs, the k101 has a resolution of 960x480. The gba's resolution was 240x160.

What I don't understand is why there isn't a x3 scaling option wich would take all 480 pixels vertically, and 75% of the screen width (720 pixels).

The integer scaling mode only appears to be x2

Last edited by a moderator:
from the specs, the k101 has a resolution of 960x480. The gba's resolution was 240x160.

What I don't understand is why there isn't a x3 scaling option wich would take all 480 pixels vertically, and 75% of the screen width (720 pixels).

The integer scaling mode only appears to be x2

My guess is that pixel size is more or less square. With a 3/2 screen size ratio, resolutions 960x640 or 640x480 would make sense but 960x480 doesn't. So my guess is that there is a typo in the specs on the revo web site. In the end it doesn't matter I guess, just a very close picture of the screen would really help me to decide if I want it or not...

But then whe need somewhone whit a better camera than on my note 2 or better lightning so the pixels are from the screen, and not from the bad picture..

Im fine whit the display solution on the revo, its looks way better than on my GBA SP,

I mean GBA wasnt known for its Ultra HD Solutions..

I have my Tetris, i have my Mario Land , Yoshis Island and Wario Ware inc whit me, im happy..

I noticed that some peaple, wo dos a rewiew of the Revo at youtube have some little preview pictures at theyere GBA Roms, on the K-Kart, how dit they this?? I wants it too..

I will release a package for that soon, you simply need to copy that onto your MicroSD card :)

Thanks in Advance (haha as its a gameboy advance clone) for this,

will this package also work on Pandora?? and how do you know the roms i have..

and whats my ordernumber??

As i curently try to replay my The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap on this thing, but i wants it from the Micro SD Card for some reasons (more games at once and no proplem whit savebatterie)

Is there a way to favorice my Games i play often??

From Dragonbox it came whit a lot Homebrewgames on the K-Card which is great but ditnt make my GBA Folder Smal..

So if there is a hotkey i can use, this would be cool and usefull..

Very interesting.

How long can you play between charging, are there any games that have compatibility problems and do quicksaves work well?

Ditnt looked on the Clock, when i startet the Game, but i wants to find it out the next gaming sessions

Normal Games work pretty well

Only the NES Classic Titels ditnt work at all, or the controlls ditnt work (testet the Mario Bros Module and the Rom of it and other Classics Titels (GBA)..

Also Modules whit Tiltsensor like Yoshis Universal Cravitation ditnt work propertly

The Game work, but the Sensor dosnt work..

At GBA Games, there isnt a Savestate Option, mybe because its no emulation,

But at my testet NES GB GBC Games, which are emulatet, the Savestates realy work well

I think the Batterylive isnt that long as whit Pandora and GBA Emulation, but its long enought for my Gamingsessions

Thanks for the infos, Matze.

Good to hear, that at least GB, GBC and NES have no problem with savestates.

The original SNES managed to use savestates on the original system with a small addon ("Action Replay"?) too, so I thought it may be possible with this custom hardware too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am lately interest in a new gameboy advance since my old one died.  I'm in the process of buying a cheap old GBA (with a useless screen) off of Ebay and will retrofit it with the AGS-101 screen...

Thats pretty hard to say as i dotnt know your taste

But there are realy good ports of the classic Nintendo Console Mario Games (Mario Bros 2, 3 Mario World and Yoshis Island)

Also great 2D Beat em Ups, Wario Ware Inc, lots of puzzle games, Run and Shoot like Alien Humonid and lot more

This evening i played about 3 Hours Zelda on this thing..

There are lots of best of videos on youtube..

My personal list, in no particular order:

Mario Kart: Super Circuit - arguably the ultimate mode7 MK as it includes all the SNES tracks as well as a full set of new ones

Mario vs Donkey Kong - the first game is a glorious little puzzler

Street Fighter Alpha 3/Zero 3 Upper - mapping the controls to the shoulders is a bit awkward, but all in it's a stunning conversion

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - my first fire emblem, and I know some people prefer the first fire emblem GBA game, but I love this game enough to have completed it three times over so far.

Mr Driller 2 - One of the best block puzzle games in your pocket!

Drill Dozer - what the Pokemon devs did on their time off

Go!Go! Beckham! : Adventure on Soccer Island - a little Euro-only gem from the days before Mr Beckham became a superstar.  Pure kinetic glee!

Yesterday, i played some Minish Cap and cleared the fortress of the winds dungeon,

But sadly i ditnt lookd on the watch, so i cant tell the exakt playtime..

This means i have to recharge it, and then to make a new messourment

By the way: how do the Crystal Revo tell when the batterie is fully charget??

When its emty there is a red led

And because the charger was now put on some hours the LED is Yelow (on the device) whyle the LED on the Charger is Red..

It is like on 3DS that the Device LED will shut down when its full?

Or isnt there nothing that tells its full??

And how long dos it take from the RED LED starts to shine until the device shut down??

Ok i just found a faq:

Its full when the Yelow LED ditnt shine anymore..

So my previos massering werend right because it dit shine when i took off the charge cable..

Well, for better or worse, I bought one of these prettified K101+s
(They're still in stock but they'll surely be gone soon)
http://rosecoloredgaming.com/revo-k101.html

Edit: from facebook it seems this is only a limited quantity first batch, so there should more in stock later (I'm guessing those will go pretty quickly too, though)

4174218_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Back