Revo K101+ Crystal Editions

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Some here might be interested in the Revo K101+ - which is a pretty nifty GBA Hardware clone that has a flashcard included as well.

It plays original GBA cartridges (which can be picked up for a few quids these days) as well as ROMs off MicroSD Card (you can dump your carts using the Retrode2 or use it to play the huge homebrew library).

It's also fully compatible with the Link cable, so you can use it for multiplayer games as well :)

revo-k101-plus-crystal-black-gba-klon-konsolen.jpg

We've got the new crystal editions, Crystal Black, Crystal Clear and Crystal Blue.

I'm happy to sell it in my shop, you can find them following this link :)

In case you got any questions, feel free to ask them here (I'm using it myself :D)

Ordered one at saturday evening....

Is the collor the only diverent between the white one or are there also some hardware improvments??

There is "Nokia" standing on the Batterie, dos this means its an original Nokia Zellphone Batterie??

And how can i prefent the Display to get damaged otherwise to not put it in my poket if i have to make tough work??

True, it got a better LCD (as the GBA is pretty old), controls are nice as well :)

Didn't know that, thanks for the link :)

Ordered one at saturday evening....Is the collor the only diverent between the white one or are there also some hardware improvments??

There is "Nokia" standing on the Batterie, dos this means its an original Nokia Zellphone Batterie??

And how can i prefent the Display to get damaged otherwise to not put it in my poket if i have to make tough work??
Hardware wise, it's the same.

The Nokia is a remade battery (AFAIK) but you can use an original Nokia as well.

If you want to prevent damaging the screen, you should use a carry case, as with any other handheld as well to protect it.

The Pandora is pretty much protected due to the clamshell, but normal handhelds aren't.

after the acidence, i reorginasored my workpants: in the Poket where my big Swiss Army Knife was, is now a packet of soft papers (Tempo/Zewa)..

what happens if i put a peace of cardboard in the sice of the Revo in this poket which came whit the revo??

Organized diverent,

put some things elsewere..

The only victim of this acidend was my poor white Revo GBA.. , i wants to bee more carefull whit the Crystal one..

I like the fakt, that the Crystal Revos are a bit transparent.. and its will be my first transparent Gameboy..

Now i wait for ED to send it out,

after the acidence, i reorginasored my workpants

Today's lesson in English: Saying "accident" when talking about your trousers (pants, workpants, etc) is an English euphemism for "peeing yourself", or worse. :D

That's why Levi said "Sage advice", because after such an accident a little re-organization is necessary. ;)

A ok, than i understand it..

Another Lesson in English..

By the way, how waterproof is this Revo Handheld??

EvilDragon just send out my Gameboy :) , seems like Klarna is lot faster than bank transfer preepay

By the way, how waterproof is this Revo Handheld??

Damn, you're killing me  :lol: Asking about how waterproof it is right after a discussion about peeing your pants, that's an awesome way to steer a conversation back on track. :p

But on a more serious note: There are actually some hardware differences between the K101 and the K101+. You can read about them in detail on the official store, but basically it boils down to a slightly bigger battery, less power consumption and better brightness control for the LCD. The battery still seems to a Nokia clone, so getting a new one should not be a problem, even though it's probably not compatible to the K101 battery. But don't quote me on this, I have neither one, but I have to admit that thing looks really interesting.

The Revo i also have is the white K101+ but it have a display damage becaue the accident..

But the Crystal Black looks much better and i think whit chipping cost, the price of a new Display, and the work cost for the guy who change the display i anyway can buy me a new Revo and use the Batterie of the old k101+ in the new one..

Alright, then I just got a huge part of this discussion wrong by just assuming your previous K101 to be the old model. Silly me.

Just out of interest: Who repairs those things? Would you have to send it to China, the United States or is there someone in Europe who can repair it?

Well, i think i would send it to ED, because he is the trustet distributionspartner of Revo, and he is famous because the whole GP32 GP2X Wiz Caanoo Pandora Thing and mybe the shipping cost to china whould be same as a new unit costs..

So i decided to get me a new one..

Tomorow i will hopefully posts some pictures..

Its there, and its realy cool, i like these transparent black..

There also some Homebrewgames on the micro SD so i used the Pandora to copy they from the new to the old Micro SD because there are still my Games on..

The light isnt the best to post some pictures, mybe this will have some time

Even the K-Card is black transparent :)

Hopefully i will get tomorow some time to made some photos..

And the revo is much smaler than the pandora, which makes it a good device for booring familiy partys where you cant waer cargo pants .. (Jeans or something)..

I can remember that there was a sticker in the batterie compartment which you had to remove before the first boot up of the white Revo, but this thime it wasnt there..

I'd like to know what is the screen resolution? 960x480 is very unlikely to be a proper number as it is 2:1. Or otherwise said, what is the scaling stretching and how good the GBA games look. Maybe a close distance picture could show it too.

Back