Retro consoles and memories.

I can remember marvelling at streetfighter 2 in the arcades.

The on a friends snes a near identical port was played to death.

Im still shit on the right hand side of the screen though.

My dexterity does not stretch that far.

Although I didn't mention it, SFII was also a big part of my gaming memories.  I used to play the arcade version whenever I could, which included going to the movies.  Initially the only times I played it was at times like this.  I never owned a copy of any variation of it until 2001 or 20002 (I had Street Fighter 2010, but that is not a Street Fighter game), and I really prefer playing it with the proper controls (not a controller, which isn't as much of a problem for me with MK games, not that I have played any of those that have come out in the last decade).  I had friends who had console ports, and I played them, but didn't feel right, probably due to the controllers.

I was never as good at Street Fighter games as I was at others, such as Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage, mostly due to less time playing them.  They were always like a special treat for me.  They may have been everywhere, however my supply of quarters was always limited.  

I remeber once when I was at the movies I played SFII against someone several years older than me and I won much more than I lost.  This was nice since I would normally only win occasionally against others.

Back