Retro Collectors

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
I've been playing games since I was 3, after being introduced to them by my elder brother, but only started really collecting last year. Anyone else consider themself a collector, and what's your prize item?:)

I would say im a collector.Because the gp32 has all the consoles,It may not be mentally but physically i stilll relive the momories mentally.

blipped4 posted on Feb 22 2004 at 08:41 AM said:
I would say im a collector.Because the gp32 has all the consoles,It may not be mentally but physically i stilll relive the momories mentally.
Lol, rite. im not really a collector but i have an Intellivision, but i only bought it cos im planning to hack it up, muhahaha! apart from that i have a gamegear, master system, playstation, dreamcast, ps2 megadrive. Im not really old enough to appreciate the older systems, well apart from through emulation anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i am also a "mind" collector like blipped. I study the storylines of all the games and store them in the console that is "the brain" to relive the memories whenever i want. I also store snapshots of what each console looks like and what it looks like when inserting a game to get a realistic approach..

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 22 2004 at 12:40 PM said:
yes at i am also a "mind" collector like blipped. I study the storylines of all the games and store them in the console that is "the brain" to relive the memories whenever i want. I also store snapshots of what each console looks like and what it looks like when inserting a game to get a realistic approach..
Ha Ha Ha! :lol:

Trooper

My sister lives with me and combined we have NES, Game Gear, Genesis, Nomad, Super Nintendo, PSX, Dreamcast, N64, PS2, GameCube, Game Boy original/pocket/color/advance, GP32, and Xbox. I only seem to play the xbox though and occasionally the PS2 now (not counting my GP32), though I used to play Genesis a lot. My sister works at Gamestop, spending all of her money on these consoles, so the majority of the stuff is hers anyway <_<

BTW we both are still in High School

Memnoch posted on Feb 22 2004 at 04:48 PM said:
Twimfy posted on Feb 22 2004 at 03:16 PM said:
I collect Sega/Sonic based stuff.
Interesting. What's your most favourite item?
My collection of fleetway UK Sonic the comics...they're what started me off as a sonic nut in the first place.

I'm a real collector. My (more or less) complete collection can be found in this topic.

My most valuable items?

My NeoGeo collection (MVS, AVS, Arcade cabinet)

My Nintendo store demo pods (GB, SNES)

VirtuaLeech posted on Feb 22 2004 at 09:09 PM said:
I'm a real collector. My (more or less) complete collection can be found in this topic.
Yeah what he said :)

I dont know about valuable, but my favourite item is my jaguar with tempest 2k :)

geo12 posted on Feb 22 2004 at 07:27 PM said:
-does anyone here know what a virtual boy is?
I do, I have one, I have nearly all games for it (Including Insmouse no yokata and that fishing game). Still missing Wario Land, though, and of course Gumdan and Space Invaders. But I'm not such a heavy collector that I want to pay thousands of Euros (btw, that is not exaggerated. The cost is really that high.) for a game I just want to have for the sake of owning it. BUT I actually saw a Hongkong Cartridge once! No idea if it was a real one or if that was a fake thing, was on ebay and god sold for ~5000 Euro.

Concerning GameAxe, I have two :D

I collect anything Nintendo. I have every single Gameboy ever released, any console Nintendo ever released (well, except for the iQue. I'm not even sure if I want it.... even though I'm collecting, this thing feels kind of wrong) and a lot of games. Don't even think I'm going to list them all, I'd be working in shifts with my friends then :D

Oh, I love my collection, and I still play every singel console. My favourite would be my SNES. this baby has seen it all: I have opened it and soldered around until everything was to my liking. It plays EVERYTHING :D Also I have a shitload of third party stuff for it... examples include the stuntmaster, and I have an aura interactor hooked up to it. Now there are only two things I still want....

a) A NES Power Glvoe for under 200 €
B) A Game Doctor for the SNES (that a kind of cartridge-copying-thingy)

Then I would consider my collection complete.... heck, nowadays I have my collection handheld in my GP32, wonderful little bvugger :D

Hmmm your right, a little typo there.

Although it would be nice to have an AES that could play any MVS :D

Back