My Sad Sad Story

As you know money is a very valuable thing even more so if you are a student going off to uni at the end of the year with a poor family and no job.

So imagine my joy when in the shed at the bottom of the garden i find a foldable bike from the 80's.

Its in reasonable condition and not really worth much but still, its a bike, portable, and of course free. And foldable bikes these days can cost about £200 at cheapest.

Here is a picture of a bike the same model of that in question.

imagephpqsn.jpg

I started off by taking off all the retro crap like the plastic cover over the chain and old fashioned mud guards. I mentioned in passing at i am not sure whether or not to remove the metal support on the back but decide the bike really needs it and it should be kept.

After the first day of work i have half finished preparing the body of spray painting silver.

On the next day i set out to town to by the following with my last £50;new bmx handlebars, brakes, a steat, pedals wheels and tyres.

After returning 6 hours later i am horrified to find that the bike has been mutilated beyond all hope.

My brother had took it upon himself to try and "help" me by sawing off the back basket holder himself leaving pretty little metal stumps in his wake. He also thought it would be helpful if he took the bike for a ride. Sadly i had not screwed the bolts on the front tyre on tightly after taking off the mud guard, i didnt think this was an issue, after all, am not going to ride the bike without tightening them. As my brother was out on the bike the forks holding the front wheel were bent hopelessly out of place.

He then takes the rest of the bike apart telling me it is unsafe and he did me a favour. I think im going to cry...

Definitely make your brother replace the bike. Even if he has to wash cars or something, it's not fair if he gets away with ruining your bike, especially if you invested money in it.

EDIT: Or just ride him

EDIT2:

At the least the 50 for stuff you bought to fix it up. Seriously, your brother needs to be taught some serious life lessons here. I'm sorry for your troubles there.

My dad got one of these from the tip and ended up cleaning it and selling it for £70 on ebay.

Back