The Last Ninja 5?

Ringo

Website
Visit site
Anyone familiar with the C64 know The Last Ninja series. A triology that always seemed to have some rather impressive graphics considering it was made for the C64. All the games in the series contained a (at times) very frustrating game-play, which makes one appreciate the trainer+++ releases of the games :D

Anyway, I've come across this page: Last Ninja 5!?!

It doesn't seem to be a fan-made game and it was released as late as 1996. For strange reasons they skipped number 4 in the series and made a fifth, which story-line carried on from the non-existing LN4 :blink:

I've been unable to find ANY other information about this game at all. No screenshots, No nothing. I can't even seem to find System 3's homepage - and I figure they should have a updated one, since they did release International Karate for GBA recently.
I've niether been able to find a copy of this game by... well... regular means *cough*p2p*cough*

Just wonder if anybody knows anything about this strange release...
If not - then consider this post as a service-message to inform you about something, that could be rare enough to be a good collectors item :lol:

Edit:
Ooops... Nevermind - After checking the linked page's forum, I found out following: IT'S FAKE!!!
Must have taken some determination to create a walkthrough, cover, story-line AND music for a fake game though... It Almost makes me him for being an ass :D

I don't think the game exists - There is no known download for it. It sounds like it is just an idea for a sequel that someone came up with.

Could be an elaborate hoax, I once saw an Atari 2600 cartridge with the Doom cover art on it, designed to look as if there was a Doom 2600 or something. Quite convincing, although laughable when you think about it.

Did any you read my edit? I did find posts on their own board surgesting that it infact IS a hoax... Just didn't discover it before posting about it here first :D

Anyway a reason why the hoax would be nr. 5 instead of number 4, is because a New Last Ninja is in the works for the modern systems....
well, was anyway... It was original due for release in 2002, and that release was moved to 2003. It haven't been released yet, so... <_<

Just as well... I doubt it would have something, that couldn't be found in the Tenchu series.

Back