Restaurants

What was your question again?

whatever the question was, the answer is: 42, of course.

But if I drive from Amsterdam to the Hague, to go to the "3 stones"...

i would prefer "3 stoners" in amsterdam! :D

FreakBrothers.jpg

My dad and I did end up going to York eventually, in December. Went to a burger and beer place called Hoof and Barrel. The food was good, but the portions were smaller than I expected for the price. I think we both agreed it wasn't quite worth the long drive.

We're going out to eat later today too, but I have no idea where. It's actually something we do most Wednesdays.

Reactions: rSl
Finally, some good news in my life. My city is getting its Bad Daddy's Burger Bar location opened on Monday. My dad doesn't want to go there on the first week, but if all goes well, on August 8th I will be eating a 1200 calorie burger with 1000 calorie tater tots and a 900 calorie milkshake. God bless America, land of the freaking 3100 calorie meals.

...I feel some of you judging right now, but there's only one opinion I care about: My cardiologist's. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go set up an appointment for August 9th. >_>
Are you implying that eating toxic waste like that is not bad for your heart? If Americans think like that then it's no wonder that heart disease is the leading cause of death in America.

Guys, I have a confession to make. I've been going to restaurants during COVID-19. It's legal here in North Carolina, but the rules are pretty strict. Only 50% capacity allowed, with social distancing, and everyone wears masks except when they're eating. In case you're worried for my dad, he's less scared of the virus than I am. He's been an essential worker throughout the pandemic.

Last week I went to my first ever Korean restaurant. I ended up getting "Spicy Pork" instead of something with a fancy Korean name. I failed, didn't I? At least there were six cool Korean sides to try with it.

social distancing
Totally unrelated; i wonder, if there would have been less distancing socially (lowering the threshold for protesting and looting), had they correctly called it physical distancing. ?

Guys, I have a confession to make. I've been going to restaurants during COVID-19. It's legal here in North Carolina, but the rules are pretty strict. Only 50% capacity allowed, with social distancing, and everyone wears masks except when they're eating. In case you're worried for my dad, he's less scared of the virus than I am. He's been an essential worker throughout the pandemic.

Last week I went to my first ever Korean restaurant. I ended up getting "Spicy Pork" instead of something with a fancy Korean name. I failed, didn't I? At least there were six cool Korean sides to try with it.
Thank you for your patronage. It helps the middle class.

Yeah, eating pork is pretty bad. But there's no need to confess, just eat better food.

Today is my dad's birthday. Unless plans change, we're going to a fancy new local Italian restaurant that he selected. I'm going to be paying for his meal and mine.

I'm thinking I'll be getting the chicken cacciatore, because that's what I always get at a new Italian place, except when they don't have it.

Last time I went to a restaurant I drank smoothies from home because I was breaking a short fast and because I like being healthy. I often drink smoothies from home when I go to a new restaurant, even if they do not have smoothies from my home. I also like to eat watermelon pieces from a breadbox which I often take with me when I go eat by friends. Watermelon is good.

Smoothies, being full of fruit, might not be as good for you as you think, but I'll not pressure that point. You're perfectly able to derive the sugar and fibre levels yourself I assume.

It's Wednesday again. I wanted my dad to take me to a restaurant in Denver, North Carolina, but he says he doesn't feel like driving that far today. No idea where we'll end up going.

On Saturday, he's driving me and my sister all the way to the coast for a weeklong beach vacation with my other sister, so maybe that's why he doesn't want to drive far today. My other sister doesn't want to eat inside any restaurants at the beach, but she said we might get takeout a few times. I hope so, every beach vacation needs some seafood.

I went to B-Dubs with my dad and stepmom a few hours ago, and didn't get the wings. In fact, neither did they. Crime against humanity, right?

Actually, I'm quite used to the crimes against humanity thing.

If you guys want to help me with restaurant stuff today, take a look at this Facebook post and tell me what to order.

If you guys want to help me with restaurant stuff today, take a look at this Facebook post and tell me what to order.

[[ Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again. ]]

Dunno.
Post automatically merged:

I got treated at home to restaurant-quality food:

IMG_20210804_1922134.jpg

Jaengban Guksu: Korean spicy tossed noodles with chicken, cucumber, carrots, cabbage, scallions, and egg. I think this would be my pick.
Or the Omega bowl because it's loaded with fuel. (Running)

Back