Release [REPO]RetroRadio

with the upcoming 2.0 update i'll migrate to the radiotray codebase.

i'm on it, but it will take a while.

okay, so i've been sitting for hours and hours, reading code, trying to somehow make gstreamer play the commoradio playlist. turns out gstreamer won't handle playlists. :(

so i wrote a playlist parsing routine to pass the parsed playlist items to gstreamer separately.

turns out radiotray comes with the streamdecoder module which does exactly the same thing. DOH!

it's so awesome, it even handles online php generated playlist playback correctly out of the box.

i implemented the favorite station function already, so retroradio 2.0 should be ready soon.

im almost there. polishing things a little more. i had another great idea:
retroradio < 2.0 IS actually still quite useful, because it will work in minimenu. radiotray will not (well at least the systray config will not).
so the retroradio 2.0 pnd will feature both:
1. retroradio 2.0 which is a humble improvement to the radiotray 0.73 codebase for xfce radio streaming pleasure
2. my original retroradio 1.1.3.3 design for minimenu radio awesomeness

both coming with direct "jump to" streaming (formerly known as favorite station) and commoradio playlist grabbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

2.0.0.0:
migration to the radiotray codebase
implemented commoradio playlist grabbing

retroradio now comes bundled in two flavors:

retroradio 2.0 (radiotray based)

retroradio_mm 1.1.3.3 (my initial zenity based design) -> use this one with minimenu

please test, enjoy and give feedback. thanks :)

Update 1.1.3.3

It's actually kind of a downgrade :)

I wanted to stick with my zenity design, but implement the features of the 2.0 update.

Should you experience connection problems (as in lack of sound output) you should seriously think about an investment in an external wifi dongle :) The builtin wifi only causes trouble.

PNDManager also thinks it's a downgrade and refuses to do it:)

Thanks for the heads up! I was afraid that might happen. I deleted all the archived 2.0 PNDs on the repo beforehand to make sure they wont cause versioning issues. In PNDManager could you plz just delete and reinstall Retroradio? That should get you 1.1.3.3

Back