Release [REPO] ownCloud Sync - 1.2.5.3 - New

Repository

Sync Client for ownCloud (and ssh/samba) shares that syncronizes files between devices.
Get it from here!

Interesting... I already have an ssh backup/file server but ownCloud would make it look so much nicer and easier for some non-technical users. Now I have to go figure out how to get install and get it to work.

Good work. I compiled it too, but was really unstable - got segfaults all the time. Did you fix something?

Has anyone got this to work yet?  I get an error 301 (but I also get this on my windows laptop)  :D  So I don't really know why I expect it to work on my pandora, but am just curious if anyone has got owncloud working at all.

Eyecreate, the system tray icon is a black square until you get it configured. I'm assuming this is probably something to do with the alpha channels in the graphic? It's rather trivial I know, but if it's an easy fix, will you?

Also, can I set this to run at startup?

Anyway, seems to work fine from what little I tested. Thank you!

Good work. I compiled it too, but was really unstable - got segfaults all the time. Did you fix something?
Yeah, I used ptitSeb's compiler and system libs. It seems the old 4.3 GCC I was using from Yactfaeu before is old enough it causes problems with csync in memory corruption. The newer GCC fixed that.

Eyecreate, the system tray icon is a black square until you get it configured. I'm assuming this is probably something to do with the alpha channels in the graphic? It's rather trivial I know, but if it's an easy fix, will you?

Also, can I set this to run at startup?

Anyway, seems to work fine from what little I tested. Thank you!
The black background is because I was using a newer qt lib. I've noticed, by default, qt versions outside the one bundled with system have this issue with system tray icons. Not sure what changes I can make will change that aside from trying to compile with the older qt.

The black background is because I was using a newer qt lib. I've noticed, by default, qt versions outside the one bundled with system have this issue with system tray icons. Not sure what changes I can make will change that aside from trying to compile with the older qt.
Don't worry about it then.

Thanks again :)

Hi,

I seem to be able to connect now (am using a free account on owndrive.com)  It works fine on windows, but on my Panda I get the following error message 

"CSync failed to create a lock file" 

I've googled (duckduckgo'ed) for help and they mostly suggest removing a lock file.  I've search for this file but got nowhere, any suggestions?

Cheers

CJ

Hi,

I seem to be able to connect now (am using a free account on owndrive.com)  It works fine on windows, but on my Panda I get the following error message 

"CSync failed to create a lock file" 

I've googled (duckduckgo'ed) for help and they mostly suggest removing a lock file.  I've search for this file but got nowhere, any suggestions?

Cheers

CJ
The lockfile is in the owncloud config directory. On Desktop, this is ~/.local/share/data/ownCloud/, so might be ${Pandora appdir}/owncloud/.local/share/data/ownCloud/.

Thanks for the help eyecreate,

Tried to follow your instructions, but could not find the file/s.

also tried

locate -i owncloud | grep -i lock

(which i stole from another forum) :-D

but again no luck :-(

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the help eyecreate,

Tried to follow your instructions, but could not find the file/s.

also tried

locate -i owncloud | grep -i lock

(which i stole from another forum) :-D

but again no luck :-(

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Chris
I checked my appdata and saw the folder is located here: ${appdata}/owncloudsync/data/ownCloud/. Check to see if you can find a file named lock there.

Could it be an issue with FAT32?

Lockfiles have often special permissions in Linux.

Could it be an issue with FAT32?

Lockfiles have often special permissions in Linux.
hm, could be since my sd card is ext2, but not sure how they implement lockfiles in the owncloud sync client. If there's no file, I wonder why it thinks it's locked, though, unless it's the general exception for that code to throw.

@DrCJBoduma: could you send me your owncloudsync log file in /tmp? There might be a clue there as to what the code is doing/finding.

here is the pndout

=======================================================================================
PND: /media/PANDA-AUDIO/pandora/menu/owncloudsync.pnd
PND_FSTYPE: Squashfs
APPDATADIR: /media/PANDA-AUDIO/pandora/appdata/owncloudsync
APPDD_FSTYPE: vfat
PND_CPUSPEED: <unset>
EXENAME: scripts/owncloud.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/owncloudsync"
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/pnd/owncloudsync': Not a directory
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDA-AUDIO/pandora/appdata/owncloudsync=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/owncloudsync=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/owncloudsync"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/owncloud.sh ) ----------
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

hope this helps
if not I'll try evildragon's suggestion and reformat in ext2

CJ

edit: eek what have I done to the post :-(

Edit: Tried to clean up after the forum's borkedness

Last edited by a moderator:
<div>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>here is the pndout</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

</div>

<div>

</div>

<div>=======================================================================================</div>

<div>PND &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; : /media/PANDA-AUDIO/pandora/menu/owncloudsync.pnd</div>

<div>PND_FSTYPE &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;: Squashfs</div>

<div>APPDATADIR &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;: /media/PANDA-AUDIO/pandora/appdata/owncloudsync</div>

<div>APPDD_FSTYPE &nbsp; &nbsp;: vfat</div>

<div>PND_CPUSPEED &nbsp; &nbsp;: &lt;unset&gt;</div>

<div>EXENAME &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; : scripts/owncloud.sh</div>

<div>ARGUMENTS &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; : &lt;unset&gt;</div>

<div>=======================================================================================</div>

<div>[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------</div>

<div>Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro &quot;/dev/loop0&quot; &quot;/mnt/utmp/owncloudsync&quot;</div>

<div>rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/pnd/owncloudsync': Not a directory</div>

<div>Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=&quot;/media/PANDA-AUDIO/pandora/appdata/owncloudsync=rw+nolwh&quot;:&quot;/mnt/pnd/owncloudsync=rr&quot; none &quot;/mnt/utmp/owncloudsync&quot;</div>

<div>[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------</div>

<div>[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/owncloud.sh &nbsp;) ----------</div>

<div>QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.</div>

<div>Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed</div>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

<div>hope this helps</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div>if not I&acute;ll try evildragons suggestion and reformat in ext2</div>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

<p>CJ</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

edit: eek what have I done to the post :-(
hm, it seems the log file is only the gui's output. If you could start it up with this argument:"--logwindow", that will bring up the sync log in a window you can send me. The full command to execute like this is:

Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p /path/to/owncloudsync.pnd -a "--logwindow" -e scripts/owncloud.sh

Back