Replicant port to Pyra / Pandora ? (poll)

I would like to see Replicant ported to...

• Total voters

i'll use that line to convert all the people who want me to install Windows on their computers :)

What would you try to convince them to use instead? They could just as easily repeat it back to you.

Ah, gotta love this forum for going off the rails.

Personally I try to use everything I can get my hands on so I own a single Windows 10 device as part of my armada. At work I'm expected to know about tech, so I intend to learn what I can about it and add it to my skill set. It also helps being aware of how it phishes and using appropriate means to protect myself, but I don't really like or use it beyond toying around so maybe thats why I don't understand the anger and vitriol around it.

i'm just implying comradekingu's righteous anger would be preaching to the choir, and probably wouldn't convert anyone to linux.

my approach (though i haven't tried it) is to see if they really agree with Microsoft's philosophy, or if they can appreciate an open and free operating system and software. (not just free as in cost, but free as in power to the people.)

i use lubuntu myself, now exclusively, though i installed linux lite on a windows computer for a family member. but she forgot her password and couldn't hold shift when booting the computer (the first of a small handful of steps to rooting without a password), so it's with someone else who can't figure it out ;). if i were there, i'd probably just reinstall lubuntu 16.04, since her OS is behind a bit now.

I caught an ible! Reelin'em in.

Its a play on the moniker
"Only free if your time is worthless."
Which is the usual dismissal of BSD and Linux|Gnu et al.

"Only free if everything you do is worthless"
thus becomes the dragnet equivalent. If everything you do, alas not arriving anywhere with regards to the former, and giving away everything, is what is keeping it from being gratis, it is also what keeps it from being free as in freedom.

There is also a forever growing list of futile attempts at keeping the evils at bay, https://fix10.isleaked.com/ which really sells that point.

While there are cases where free software might not work for you, there aren't any cases where closed software doesn't work against you. It too goes deep.

There is also a forever growing list of futile attempts at keeping the evils at bay, https://fix10.isleaked.com/ which really sells that point.
While there are cases where free software might not work for you, there aren't any cases where closed software doesn't work against you. It too goes deep.
One of the main reasons why I don't use Windows is that it's just too much work I'd have to put into it in order to run it in an acceptable way, as your link demonstrates quite nicely.
Oh the irony...

Android is the same story these days. Unlocking bootloader, rooting, and such.

Just getting rid of gapps speeds things up, then there is any number of pre-bundled appery to deal with.

Replicant and F-droid doesnt have all of that baggage.

And i need it for "just watching TV" over my Network.
Have a DVB-C Wlan Tuner here and this work not bad with the Android PND but maybe perfectly with a newer Android :D
I can view with the Android PND LiveTV here..but not good.

Android is the same story these days. Unlocking bootloader, rooting, and such.

Just getting rid of gapps speeds things up, then there is any number of pre-bundled appery to deal with.

Replicant and F-droid doesnt have all of that baggage.
I will want to use it to run all the Android stuff from my current phone, so I may need the Play store to get it, but would it be possible for me to install just that and not the other Google apps?

@Silent-Hunter Yes, but I don't do support for repos that not only track you (tying your phonenumber and account to what you download). Look however for the free implementation of micro services.

But doing away with any of that cancer, what do you use that isn't in the F-droid repo? You can send them suggestions if they don't have something.

@Silent-Hunter Yes, but I don't do support for repos that not only track you (tying your phonenumber and account to what you download). Look however for the free implementation of micro services.

But doing away with any of that cancer, what do you use that isn't in the F-droid repo? You can send them suggestions if they don't have something.
Well I haven't checked, but I think Pokemon Go, Draw Something, Words with Friends, the Chipotle app for ordering food, and Netflix. I'm not sure those would be allowed in F-Droid, but if they are then that would be great!

I tried some Qemu Android Arm Images but i did not get them work on the Pandora.
I am glad that this Project here exist and that they want to help get a newer Android for the Pandora working :D

Meh, let's face it, most of the things that make Android worth using in the first place are Google services. I guess Replicant would be viable if all you wanna do is sideload stuff....

Back