Replacement Caps Now Available

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 13 2006 at 09:50 PM said:
i personally like craig's better than daveC's. the material sticks to my thumb a bit better.

Does anyone have any more impressions like this? I would really enjoy to know the victor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this replace the whole JoyStick, like, you rip out your old one and slot this in?

Alvin posted on May 14 2006 at 09:18 AM said:
Does this replace the whole JoyStick, like, you rip out your old one and slot this in?

yup, you take the plastic bit of the stick off, a few twists is all it needs... then put the new top on... it took me longer to open the envolope and get the new stick out than it did to replace it lol

I like the new stick, its WAY better than the original thats for sure! makes playing games a lot easier :)

Hory posted on May 14 2006 at 01:01 PM said:
Won't that GP2X writing hurt my finger when used long?

seems to be ok with me so far, it might hurt if you press on it stupidly hard for a long time... but if you do that then any analog pad is going to hurt...

reallynotnick posted on May 14 2006 at 12:04 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 13 2006 at 09:50 PM said:
i personally like craig's better than daveC's. the material sticks to my thumb a bit better.

Does anyone have any more impressions like this? I would really enjoy to know the victor.
well, ill be a bit more specific:

DaveC's has a shiny finish and seems to be just slightly more disk-like. Dont really know how to explain it better :rolleyes:

Craig's is a little smaller and has a matte finish. For some reason, my thumb sticks better to that, plus the raised letters aid in keeping my thumb in one spot. IMO Craig's is better. But i still like DaveC's :)

I'd buy one if I could find it on Craig's website. Must have been taken off again :-(

xafier posted on May 14 2006 at 10:34 AM said:
Alvin posted on May 14 2006 at 09:18 AM said:

yup, you take the plastic bit of the stick off, a few twists is all it needs... then put the new top on... it took me longer to open the envolope and get the new stick out than it did to replace it lol

I like the new stick, its WAY better than the original thats for sure! makes playing games a lot easier :)

No you misunderstood. He wanted to know if it replaces the whole stick meaning the stick mechanism itself. It doesn't it is is a cap replacement only.

got mine from craig a few weeks back and am rather underwhelmed, the disc is too large to get any precise control e.g. sensi soccer on drmdx. am now using a modified ps2 analogue pad and the rubber finish on the top coupled with the small surface area is ideal.

Thank you for all the kind comments, of course DaveC was the person to figure out the initial best design (ie making the top large).

If the logo should hurt your thumb after a whlie (it should not as the cap cannot turn) you should be easily able to file it down.

The reason it has a logo and not circles was because stealing daveC's design would not be a very nice thing to do.

I shall make the link to the cap more visible on the website. You can now also order from Evildragon and the turkish distributor.

Any word on when GP32z will have these? They just ran out of DaveC's cap so I need a cap to buy. Either one will do. Just don't want to go through the hassle of paypal, I want to buy off a trustworthy site.

shinneri posted on May 15 2006 at 09:15 AM said:
Good. Now that my main concern's worked out, I can start saving for one of these. Thanks. :)
saving? They cost like 3 US dollars bro :p

Oh by the way, this cap seems to come off quite easily. I wasnt thrilled about gluing it to the joystick, but i may have to...any other suggestions to keep it on?

Back