Replacement Caps Now Available

Just wondering so if i wanted one i would need to paypal 2.65 UKP plus a little extra to cover their charges too ? and is the a picture anywhere?

craigix posted on May 1 2006 at 08:46 PM said:
stepp posted on May 1 2006 at 07:06 PM said:
Think ill stick with DavCs cap....i think this one looks cheap and nasty IMO, and TBH i think they should of supllied these free of charge to make up for the completely crap design of the original one, but no they want to charge us even more.

I didn't make the original one did I, I made these to make up for gameparks mess.

And they are not anymore or less cheap than DaveC's, they are made from the same material. Guess it depends if you think £1 is cheap or not... that is the cost price.

That's not the point - why there are letters on it?! It should have circles like in DaveC's one or be just concave. The GP2x name is already just above on the front panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
iatneH posted on May 11 2006 at 03:22 PM said:
WrongEyedJesus posted on May 11 2006 at 08:13 AM said:
linoleum13 posted on May 11 2006 at 05:05 PM said:
At least gbax is selling replacement caps for a sane price. Check this out:
http://www.gp32z.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=29

That costs more than a TV-out cable!

That's DaveC's cap

And damned if it isn't worth every penny. Seriously, it's the best $10 you can spend on your GP2X.

Are the DaveC caps $10 then? I guess that isnt such a bad price afterall if it includes shipping.

linoleum13 posted on May 11 2006 at 05:29 PM said:
Are the DaveC caps $10 then? I guess that isnt such a bad price afterall if it includes shipping.

They used to be ... Send him a PM. I got two, and they were $10 each (including shipping)

I don't mean to stir things up, but are these replacement caps really made of Indestructable Nylatron GS™, or just regular nylon?

BTW: For those who want to take a closer look at the new caps from craig:

craigcapsmall.jpg

(click here for bigger picture)

(naw)mcx posted on May 1 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
Looks ugly imo. Might get one though has to be better then stock

I don't know they look kind of cool to me. It is nice to see something different and not just a clone of mine ;) Anything is better then the stock cap. Plus they cost alot less than mine which is why I am not selling many anymore I guess.

DaveC posted on May 12 2006 at 12:08 AM said:
(naw)mcx posted on May 1 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
Looks ugly imo. Might get one though has to be better then stock

I don't know they look kind of cool to me. Anything is better then the stock cap. Plus they cost alot less than mine which is why I am not selling many anymore I guess.
I think the real reason is that everyone and their mother bought your Joystick Cap :p

Got my replacement cap a week ago and can't stress how much it improves gaming :D It really does make a huge difference and makes it so more enjoyable (no more having to re adjust thumb position slightly or slipping off)

£2 is a very small price to pay and not worth getting worked up about imho - our own fault for wanting the gp2x as early as possible :p

I payed via paypal, Got an e-mail back later that day to say it had been shipped and got it the post the next morning ..... Service with a :)

With this and DaveC's cap you have no reason to be still using the old mushroom one - Scrap it and get either of these, You'll be much happier B)

I got my replacement cap letter in the mail on tuesday. Unfortunately it wasn't in the envelope. There was, however, a large hole in the envelope. One side was completely torn off. Also unfortunately, Craig hasn't returned any of my emails regarding the matter.

The cap looks great. Good job once again, Craig.
I still think mine is the most original though >_>.

Alvin posted on May 13 2006 at 12:55 PM said:
The cap looks great. Good job once again, Craig.
I still think mine is the most original though >_>.
*Reads Sig* o_O!

DaveC is going to kill you :p

It is a lot easier to use but takes a while getting used to it, as the other one I used to push up on the edges.

So right now it's only available at gbax.com? I live in the US and don't want to wait till gp32z.com gets it. Anyway, I can't find it on gbax.com, can someone link it?

Thanx,
Stan

I used to have a DaveC cap but since the hole is too large it doesn't stick to the console (where the original one did) it kept unpluging itself and I eventually lost it. It was a great cap though.

I would have bought a new one from GPH but the gp2x.co.uk doesn't look like it sell anything if you don't buy a gp2x with it, and gp2x.de ship to a lot of country except mine (France). Where else can I get one ?

Does this new one also need to be glued on the unit or dies it stick on the console all by itself as the old one did ?

Back