Replacement Caps Now Available

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
We have the replacement caps (some of you already have them) now ready @ £1.65 inc postage.

Also this cap will be offered free with the commercial version of Vektar (so you may wish to order that instead - released on the 15th of may).

Oh yes we also have normal recorded delivery on gp2x now for smaller items.

This is being sold at the cost price to make up for the GPH bad design.

newcap1.jpg

Sorry for the slightly ass photos, my camera is awful at close up stuff.

Similar to DaveC's but slightly smaller, has a semicircle shaft so it correctly locks onto the metal and does not rotate or slide too far down, GP2X logo is used as a grip. Made from Nylon and has a lifetime guarentee.

Takes 5 seconds to replace the old cap with this one.

For Paypal: gp-hardware@hotmail.com, i'd appreciate it if you send a little extra to cover their charges too, include your address.

Add on 1UKP for overseas (USA etc.) and we shall give it a go via airmail supposed to take only 4 days, sounds good.

Website/credit card: Soon, once I figure out the cheapest way of billing such a low amount.

Mail: Just post up £1 and an SAE

To order Vektar boxed on SD and get the cap free visit this page gp2x vektar commercial.

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

Very great, through i think i wait a bit and buy it together with vectar :)
Is evildragon going to sell the game/cap as well? I would prefer to buy localy.

Yes we will, we can try sending it via normal airmail i suppose, its pretty small so might go as a letter.

I wonder if it's better than the daveC cap ? I was waiting for the official replacement, but i'd like to know the point of view of those who have both caps ...

Ugh. The cap looks like it would feel strange with those raised lettters.

As for the game, is $29 including shipping to the U.S.? I could always use the cap as a neat lapel pin or something ;)

craigix posted on May 1 2006 at 11:53 AM said:
Yes we will, we can try sending it via normal airmail i suppose, its pretty small so might go as a letter.

Craig, could you kindly give us an exact price quote in US dollars for shipment to the USA (including PayPal's fee).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm
is it that much better?
it still looks kind of cheap - hate to say it but the other one did look better.
but hey ill get one anyway and decide then what i think of it

Think ill stick with DavCs cap....i think this one looks cheap and nasty IMO, and TBH i think they should of supllied these free of charge to make up for the completely crap design of the original one, but no they want to charge us even more.

funtasticguy posted on May 1 2006 at 12:32 PM said:
craigix posted on May 1 2006 at 11:53 AM said:

Craig, could you kindly give us an exact price quote in US dollars for shipment to the USA (including PayPal's fee).

Thanks!

Seconded B)

stepp posted on May 1 2006 at 07:06 PM said:
Think ill stick with DavCs cap....i think this one looks cheap and nasty IMO, and TBH i think they should of supllied these free of charge to make up for the completely crap design of the original one, but no they want to charge us even more.

I didn't make the original one did I, I made these to make up for gameparks mess.

And they are not anymore or less cheap than DaveC's, they are made from the same material. Guess it depends if you think £1 is cheap or not... that is the cost price.

Add on 1UKP for overseas (USA etc.) and we shall give it a go via airmail supposed to take only 4 days, sounds good.

Also if you don't like the GP2X logo being there i'm sure you can file it off in a few seconds :)

craigix posted on May 1 2006 at 07:41 PM said:
stepp posted on May 1 2006 at 07:06 PM said:

I didn't make the original one did I, I made these to make up for gameparks mess.

And they are not anymore or less cheap than DaveC's, they are made from the same material. Guess it depends if you think £1 is cheap or not... that is the cost price.
out of interest did GPH have the the same joystick assembly in the units you saw when you went over there? pre-pre launch?

Back