Rendering Engine

Here is 30 * 5 md5 (Doom 3) Models rendered at 15-16 FPS. It's using software skinning currently, and the code pipeline for Sprites and Models are still unoptimized, and there is no display lists yet implented.

When Pandora arrives I'll add OpenGL ES driver, it does not need to hurry tho.

I see a lot more rotating and zooming in that move than I do of the arm movements. What I'm seeing of the arm movements look okay, but they seem to suffer from what I see in a lot of people's early animations - the movements are slow. Smooth - which is another problem some animations suffer - but very slow. From the zooming and rotating which is really smooth, I'd imaging the arms could swing a bit faster. My 2 cents.

Looks good otherwise.

Cheers!

Blah, still hijacking the thread.

The last vid anims looked bit poor, because there was a error in my quartenion math.
It should've looked like this

Got complex meshes with multiple materials and lot's of bones working. Exported into md5 format in Blender.

ComplexMesh.png

darkblu said:
interesting stuff there, Cloudef! do you plan supporting ES2 soon?

Yes. Whenever I get my Pandora, I'll start adding and optimizing the OpenGL ES driver for Pandora hardware.

Shaders:
ShaderSupport.png

Last edited by a moderator:
BatchSprite.png

100,000 Static Batched sprites, there is 2 rendering modes for batched sprites. Static (No rotations, 1 Texture, Size and Position transformations are ok) and Dynamic (All transformations, Multiple textures).

As much as I like to see progress in your project I think it may be better suited to it's own thread. :/

Cloudef said:
100,000 Static Batched sprites, there is 2 rendering modes for batched sprites. Static (No rotations, 1 Texture, Size and Position transformations are ok) and Dynamic (All transformations, Multiple textures).
Nobody but a finnish geek will understand your finglish debug output, though :p
Just noting that because I've moved away from using finnish at all when I'm programming _anything_ because someday I might need to/ want to share the code with people from all around the globe, and then its a PITA.

urjaman said:
Cloudef said:
Nobody but a finnish geek will understand your finglish debug output, though :p
Just noting that because I've moved away from using finnish at all when I'm programming _anything_ because someday I might need to/ want to share the code with people from all around the globe, and then its a PITA.

All debug info provided from the Rendering Engine is in English, the test base where the Rendering Engine runs outputs in Finnish. All the comments in the code are in Finnish atm, I'll translate them if the Rendering Engine ever gets to the stage where it is usable on Pandora/PC.

Back