Rediscovering Gp32

Alex. posted on May 7 2006 at 03:16 PM said:
Yea, but if I get my facts right, the FLU screen is actually visible with the light turned off, while the Blu one isn't. :p

- Alex

Actually my BLU is great in direct sunlight with the light turned off. The only thing that really annoyes me about the BLU, is the way you turn the backlight off as some games use it as an in game key, and holding that button down accidentally for any length of time you are greeted with darkness.

Last edited by a moderator:
stargate on the megadrive is impossible to play on the GP32 due to the backlight thing mentioned above, everytime u try and fire you end up in the dark ;)

But as said above the blu screen is fine in direct sunlight

p00pty2 posted on May 7 2006 at 04:26 PM said:
stargate on the megadrive is impossible to play on the GP32 due to the backlight thing mentioned above, everytime u try and fire you end up in the dark ;)

Someone will have to invent some sort of bright light that one can wear on their head so we can play Stargate :lol: .

p00pty2 posted on May 7 2006 at 04:26 PM said:

Have you tried redefining the keys?

Well, I think I said it months ago but I`ve still not been tempted to purchase a GP2X. It doesn`t offer enough yet to justify buying one while my GP32 works so damn smoothly.

I hope there will be some decent emulators and software for the GP2X which make more use of its`potential at some point otherwise it would be a real pity.

I'm still using my gp32, even though I now have a PSP. The homebrew stuff on the gp32 is so much better and most of it out performs the same homebrew on the PSP. For example, the sega emulators on the PSP do not come close to the performance of DrMD on the gp32. :D

Hmm,.. strangely enough (hopefully) the GP32 scene move to the GP2X. I haven't seen phenomena like in the Amiga or other machines, of people staying in the oldie because of nostalgia or being obsessed fans (or because the new machine is quite diferrent in programming. Or other reasons). That will be good for the new GP2X, afteralls it is a great improvement of the oldie. At the beginning it saddened me a bit because no new software for the GP32 are coming out, though I am surprised to see the scene moving so fast to the new platform.

As for me, I am still working(?) to finish my GP32 demo hopefully soon, then I am moving to GP2X (I don't have it but a friend will lend me his own for a while, I say it a long but finally I may get it in 1-2 weeks from now and start coding). Maybe I am porting that demo to GP2X too for testing the diferrence in speed etc (I am very curious to see how fast my 3d engine will go). Also, I was thinking to make a newer version of my FLI player (the first app I released in GP32) both for the GP32 and GP2X. I'll see about that..

Iv been away from the gp32 scene for so long, gp2x seems to be taking over. I still pull out gp32 and play once and a while. gp2x just seems so much more advanced, saving up to buy one....

I still love my GP32 - Ive started taking care of it obsessively - cant bare to think of the day it breaks down...

I agree - I own all the major consoles (except the crappy microsoft xshox) and still pick up the GP32 daily!

sPaCe :ph34r:

Back