Wierd Gp32 I Got...

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
My gp32 Flu overclocks up to 172 mhz, but when i try to load osnes9x 0.2 it resets at anything over 166, same as in drmd. But in 0.3 osnes9x it works with the 172 mhz, and i know it does cuz theres a diffrence of 3 fps in mario world.

If i were to mod it would it overclock to 190-200? and if so is is hard to do

Drak posted on May 20 2005 at 07:57 PM said:
My gp32 Flu overclocks up to 172 mhz, but when i try to load osnes9x 0.2 it resets at anything over 166, same as in drmd. But in 0.3 osnes9x it works with the 172 mhz, and i know it does cuz theres a diffrence of 3 fps in mario world.

The easy answer is "should", but you never know for sure. Mine would clock up to 154-56 before I modded the resistor. Now I get 172 mhz in apps that support it, any higher and it hangs after a bit.

If you wish to O/C, there is always the "pencil trick", and if you have soldering skills, the best route is the resistor mod. I actually just soldered a 1.5M ohm resistor to the R52 resistor, since SMTs are hard to find unless you order them (at least around my area they are)

Cheers! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on May 21 2005 at 03:19 AM said:
Heard of the pencil trick? See the topic called "Easy Overclocking"
or "easy frying"

Ya i dont wanna use the pencil trick cuz i wouldnt know exactly how high i could o/c to..

And for the mod which im gunna do ya the resistor... How do you tell wat the voltage is? is there a program or sumtin?

Vimacs posted on May 21 2005 at 03:36 AM said:
or "easy frying"

Name some names, buddy. I haven't heard of anyone frying their GP. <_<

Drak posted on May 21 2005 at 04:36 AM said:
Ya i dont wanna use the pencil trick cuz i wouldnt know exactly how high i could o/c to..

And for the mod which im gunna do ya the resistor... How do you tell wat the voltage is? is there a program or sumtin?

You don't need to know with the resistor mod. It gives a controlled voltage so it is not a shot in the dark like the pencil trick is. Just use the correct resistors and you are fine.

Drak posted on May 21 2005 at 12:57 AM said:

That is common for the GP32 to go higher in some apps than in others. It depends on how it uses the CPU.

DaveC posted on May 20 2005 at 10:33 PM said:
Drak posted on May 21 2005 at 04:36 AM said:

You don't need to know with the resistor mod. It gives a controlled voltage so it is not a shot in the dark like the pencil trick is. Just use the correct resistors and you are fine.

Yes, but its still a "shot in the dark" when it comes to how much mhz you'll get.

Jarska333 posted on May 21 2005 at 07:17 AM said:
Vimacs posted on May 21 2005 at 03:36 AM said:
or "easy frying"

Name some names, buddy. I haven't heard of anyone frying their GP. <_<
yeah, thats true, nobody has fried his cpu because of the pencil trick.

True, No one has killed their GP using the pencil trick. :)

You probably stand more chance of killing your GP instantly with the resistor mod through lack of knowledge and experience with a soldering iron than you do via the pencil trick.

Trooper

trooper posted on May 21 2005 at 07:35 AM said:
True, No one has killed their GP using the pencil trick. :)

You probably stand more chance of killing your GP instantly with the resistor mod through lack of knowledge and experience with a soldering iron than you do via the pencil trick.

Trooper

So if i use the pencil trick and select a mhz say 200. will it reset just like a normal gp32 would when it knows it cant o/c? or would it just up and die. Otherwise this seems like a good idea :)

Back