Recovery On 3.10 Oe-a

purple_goat said:
DONT WORRY I DIDNT [****] UP YET!!

I was thinking using Wave Flasher to make a custom xmb..
but I don't want to blow another psp..
so how does recover mode work?

Thanks
From everything I've read, you need to have the 1.5 firmware in a folder .. as well as the latest 3.10 ... I personally wouldn't mess around with custom XMB stuff .. it scares me!

... so, you got hold of a new PSP? Or did you un-brick your old one?

... and who the FUC|< ever heard of a snozzberry? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou said:
purple_goat said:
DONT WORRY I DIDNT [****] UP YET!!

I was thinking using Wave Flasher to make a custom xmb..
but I don't want to blow another psp..
so how does recover mode work?

Thanks
From everything I've read, you need to have the 1.5 firmware in a folder .. as well as the latest 3.10
... so, you got hold of a new PSP? Or did you un-brick your old one?
I will (today or tomorrow) be un-bricken' with a mobo that is loaded w/ 3.10 oe-a
so I was asking because I don't want to brick my psp (AGAIN) with a bad flash

.. I personally wouldn't mess around with custom XMB stuff .. it scares me!

I thought you had crazy balls :eek:
:lol: whatever anyone who's gottem have any advice?

it's a quote from super troopers (awesome movie :) )

purple_goat said:
TelcoLou said:

... Super Troopers?@!??

It's originally from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; Veruca Salt said it regarding the flavored wallpaper ... and I'm talking about the good verison, with Gene Wilder, not that Tim Burton abomination with Johnny Depp.

Ugh! :angry:

TelcoLou said:
purple_goat said:
TelcoLou said:

... Super Troopers?@!??

It's originally from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory; Veruca Salt said it regarding the flavored wallpaper ... and I'm talking about the good verison, with Gene Wilder, not that Tim Burton abomination with Johnny Depp.

Ugh! :angry:

Oh sorry..
I haven't seen the gene wilder version in quite some time
(and when I heard in ST I swore I had heard it before :lol: )

TelcoLou said:
Ugh! ROFL--------> :angry: <---------ROFL
But lol yeah I agree with you, Telcolou. I was outraged when I heard they did a re-make! I still haven't seen it though. And I'm not so sure about J Depp. But I thought he was pretty good in Fear and Loathing... :D

Shifty said:
TelcoLou said:
But lol yeah I agree with you, Telcolou. I was outraged when I heard they did a re-make! I still haven't seen it though. And I'm not so sure about J Depp. But I thought he was pretty good in Fear and Loathing... :D

it was bad, don't waste your time

Personally I wouldnt fiddle with them things as I think the Custom Firmware along uses up nearly all the avalable flash memory (thats the problem they have been having with 3.30 custom firmware, the standard 3.30 firmware nearly fills alll the flash along without all the cool custom stuff)

Steve-O said:
Personally I wouldnt fiddle with them things as I think the Custom Firmware along uses up nearly all the avalable flash memory (thats the problem they have been having with 3.30 custom firmware, the standard 3.30 firmware nearly fills alll the flash along without all the cool custom stuff)
I agree with you Steve O, I have read something similar somewhere. Anyway, 3.10 OEA rocks.

TelcoLou said:
That's funny, I don't recall C&theCF containing expletives, which version did you watch? Or more importantly how many mushrooms had you consumed before and during the showing?

chaos engineer said:
Steve-O said:
I agree with you Steve O, I have read something similar somewhere. Anyway, 3.10 OEA rocks.

:( but what about my new xmb!! <_<

:eek: wait I have a better idea!!

can anyone tell me if you can set the background (on the psp) to an animated gif?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
TelcoLou said:
Damn shifty you're mad young but it seems like you've discovered the wondrous plant known as marijuana already! good job.

If there was any drug I would actually ever want to try, It'd be LSD... :lol:

Shifty said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
ROFL---------> :( <--------ROFL
:lol:

Sorry If I offended the drug culture though. :p

I'm going to be very serious for a moment:

PLEASE do not experiment with LSD ... it's a very powerful psychedelic, and there's a good chance you will cause permanent psychological damage, even after just one hit.

If you're curious about the effects of 'drugs', make sure you're with close friends you trust a lot, and share a joint or 2. Stay away from anything stronger than cannabis ... you can and WILL get into serious harm.

The same applies to screwing around with your XMB ... you could mess it up for good!

</clever segue>

^ What he said.

There was this girl my friend and I would always hit on in high school. She was adopted and majorly fucked up.

She dated this dude who got her into coke. A few weeks later the school found a large bag of it stuffed in her locker and immediately had her placed in rehab (or be kicked out). She went, eventually weened herself off the shit, and continued life. Her BF? Died.

If you don't believe me I'll scan my yearbook. There's a "RIP Rob" note at the bottom :(

Pot is the only thing to really "experiment" with. Anything more serious and you'll end up in a baaad situation.

lol lou you and me should team up:

DaClassicTelcoLou- drug advisors™

lol Ever notice how just about every thread made by PurpleGoat turns into an entirely different subject? :mellow:

Shifty said:
lol Ever notice how just about every thread made by PurpleGoat turns into an entirely different subject? :mellow:
Yep. :lol:

* Bathes in the warm glow of the chaos & disorder *

TelcoLou said:
Shifty said:
Yep. :lol:

* Bathes in the warm glow of the chaos & disorder *

still you guys have talked me out of the xmb hack which is probably for the better :)

Back