Help With Cwcheat On Psp

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Well, getting a normal answer from Maxconsole is like pulling teeth from cyclops. Seriously, wtf?

As per my other thread, im having problems with resident evil 3. ive saved but the game is screwed up and now im stuck and cant go on. I dont want to start over with another dump, id like to use my save from this on the new dump.

anyway, ive gotten caveman-type responses, and ive managed to figure out that cwcheat can help me. That's where a normal community like this comes in. How do I work this thing? Im running 3.10 OE-A. I got both the good (hopefully it's good), and corrupted game dumps from another site, so I didnt convert it myself.

Im a newbie, so i need newbie answers ;). If anyone could walk me through step by step as if I was seriously retarded I would be grateful.

edit: the game IDs arent the same. One is scus, and the other is slus. whatever that all means....

The only help I can offer is SCUS is the U.S. version, and SLUS is likely a Japanese version, or Euro. (not certain which).

I don't use that theat thingy either, but I can also offer this; My Xenogears save seems to have gone AWOL after this update .. I read that this happened to lots of folks, maybe a new FW update will fix it (?) ...

No idea about this cheat thing, but this is what I would try.

1. Download PSX2PSP, which is a front-end for the Popstation converting program.

12095popstationkingsquiik8.jpg

2. Click the "..." under ISO/PBP File and select the new dump you got.

3. Edit the Game title, Save title, and Game ID to be identical to the previous dump (you can open up the old dump in this program to see what these should be called).

4. Select an Output folder, and then click "convert."

5. Backup your save file (just in case ;), copy the game to your PSP and try it.

shinneri posted on Feb 9 2007 at 05:08 PM said:
No idea about this cheat thing, but this is what I would try.

1. Download PSX2PSP, which is a front-end for the Popstation converting program.

12095popstationkingsquiik8.jpg

2. Click the "..." under ISO/PBP File and select the new dump you got.

3. Edit the Game title, Save title, and Game ID to be identical to the previous dump (you can open up the old dump in this program to see what these should be called).

4. Select an Output folder, and then click "convert."

5. Backup your save file (just in case ;), copy the game to your PSP and try it.
edit: forget it, i got something wrong. Trying again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, there's something weird going on here. As you suggested, I selected my old eboot to get all info needed. The game code that was indicated was "SCUS94467". HOWEVER.....when i was playing this old dump, the save folder said "SCUS00923".

What? :blink:. I'm absolutely puzzled. This isn't making sense, right? Well, since the folders aren't making sense, of course the old dump's save isnt being detected in the new dump's folder.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF???

subcon959 posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:16 PM said:
I don't think there's any need for CWCheat, you just need to change the ID of the new dump to match that of the savegame.
I've tried, but something isn't working :(

Im dealing with so much crap that my mind is jumbled. The eboot and save folder it produced (on the original game) are different. What's the deal with that?!

Whoever created the EBOOT used an early converter that didn't patch both locations with the ID. Most converters will do it properly now. I recommend IceTea 1.3.

subcon959 posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:38 PM said:
Whoever created the EBOOT used an early converter that didn't patch both locations with the ID. Most converters will do it properly now. I recommend IceTea 1.3.
Ok...So what should I try now? I thought I did everything in regards to converting/matching IDs but obviously something was incorrect.

I'm wondering now how the original game eboot and save folder were able to work together now. It's actually confusing me even more :(. When I patch the new eboot, what ID should I make it? the old eboot's ID, or the old save folder's ID?

argh!

Back