Recommended Case

pkostrze

Website
vampireslug.deviantart.com
I'm getting pretty tired of just setting my GP2X someplace safe when I'm not using it, I need a good case. Can anyone recommend a decent, smallish case? I don't want to lug around a digital camera case (too big), I just need something to prevent scratches, hold the unit snugly, and have a place for spare SD cards. What is everyone else using? I've seen cases for the Nintendo DS that look promising, anyone try those? Thanks...

I'm getting pretty tired of just setting my GP2X someplace safe when I'm not using it, I need a good case. Can anyone recommend a decent, smallish case? I don't want to lug around a digital camera case (too big), I just need something to prevent scratches, hold the unit snugly, and have a place for spare SD cards. What is everyone else using? I've seen cases for the Nintendo DS that look promising, anyone try those? Thanks...
Play Asia sells GP2X cases with a recess for the battery compartment in the case, they're just under £10 GP2X Case @ Play-Asia

I haven't got one myself, but can anyone who has one of these cases let us know whether they are worth the £10?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a GBA case and it seems to be doing a good job. It's a genuine Nintendo one with a GBA logo, which probably explains why it was so cheap.

I've got one of those GP2X cases from PlayAsia and it's pretty good. Very similar to the PSP cases except it has that recess to fit the battery compartment of the unit.

I use a the case that came with my GBColour all those years ago. It served my GBC well, and then my GBA, and now my GP2X. It has a fluffy interior that seems to clean the screen when you insert/extract the console.

I got the official gp2x case from www.gp32z.com (official US seller) and it works very well. There isn't much room for extra things, but it is very nice and fits the gp2x very well.

I got a DS case from GameStop for like $10 and it does the trick. Has elastic straps to hold it secure and two pouches on the opposite side and a zipper.

I know I used this weird floral bag for my Gameboy Colour for a while. (Although I didn't take it in to school while I was using that.) :p
You don't need to buy a special case, you could use anything, looking around me now I could use... a pencil case... or an A5 sleeve.
Obviously a proper case would look better, but other things will do the job.

I had a great idea, i have a nice, very soft, brand new ski goggles bag, case thing, looks like a great size for gp2x, although it doesnt provide any protection from drops, i tend to take care of my things and dont really need that, also makes a nice screencloth, thats whats its for, cleaning goggles :p

i got a nice hardshell DS case from woolworths for £6.99 plenty of room for batteries in the little mesh cartridge area, now i just need to get one for my DS !!

I had a great idea, i have a nice, very soft, brand new ski goggles bag, case thing, looks like a great size for gp2x, although it doesnt provide any protection from drops, i tend to take care of my things and dont really need that, also makes a nice screencloth, thats whats its for, cleaning goggles :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back