Cheap Alternative Case For Yer '2x

T

TelcoLou

Just found this old Nintendo DS case in the closet ... needing something to put my spare systems in, I tried this and the inside seemed at first too large for the GP2X; ~4 or 5cm on each side.
When I closed the lid though, I noticed the inside edges are framed in foam rubber and it made a tight seal (pressing down slightly on the top of the 2X case):

dsc005100nw.jpg

dsc005134zw.jpg

It also works for the GP32 (even better, since the GP32 is larger in size):

dsc005089pr.jpg

dsc005099wy.jpg

I got it at EB for ~9 bucks. I'm going to get a couple more ... they make nice display cases as well ... air tight seal and all.

Oh, and the clear plastic window comes in different colors for those opposed to pink ;)

I've been using the same case (Madcatz Nintendo DS Pro-Tec Kit) for the last couple months and I like it a lot. I had to cut out a little of the foam on the left and right sides of the lid to get the lid to close down, though (I used a dull Xacto knife and it looks like it.) I got it at electronjons.com for 10 or 11 bucks, plus shipping. It seems fairly sturdy as these things go. Sorry about the crappy photos.
case7zw.jpg

indeed this is what i use when i toss my 2X in the bottom of my back pack when i head to school sometimes

I have a case that I bought from Walmart. It was a closeout item. It's for the PSP but it holds everything, including an Ac adapter and 8 batteries, plus the usb cable. And I still have room for some extra SD cards.

It's made by Pellican. Incase anyone's interested

A $10 Nintendo DS case from Walmart will also do nicely but with a little less room.

I actually use the case i got with my PSP :) It fits quite nicely, and although its only a soft case its enough to stop the gp2x getting damaged :p

I have a GBA case that my gf got me a couple of years ago. My 2X fits in there almost perfectly, and there's room for spare batteries and my card reader, too.

Back