Recall Announcment

bmilleker posted on Dec 4 2005 at 03:14 PM said:
From the looks of the main gp32x page there seems to be a couple forums topics about news on the recall. For some reason they have been removed or maybe i just cant view them :S

Any news on this?

EDIT: *announcement

There are a couple of new entries on the main GP2X Korean page. I can't read Korean (very well) yet and so can't provide a translation. It looks like codeninja was trying to do that. I have no idea why the posts were removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to post the announcement on the news section, but it's not getting posted. Anyway, all 500 units are being recalled for LCD issues and they also said that they'll add 2GB support and fix fix battery life problem in December.

codeninja posted on Dec 4 2005 at 07:22 AM said:
I tried to post the announcement on the news section, but it's not getting posted. Anyway, all 500 units are being recalled for LCD issues and they also said that they'll add 2GB support and fix fix battery life problem in December.
Jesus all 500 units?

I'd like to believe that's due to bad subcontractor that assembled the first 500 units, although there is no proof. At least, my unit looks ok... Anyway, the LCD issues include dark screen, shaky screen, uneven left and right screen, and screen wave during control inputs.

They gave specific dates per serial numbers, and it'll take about a week to get returned from the factory. It's not right screen problem, uneven left and right brightness problem, I meant.

My unit number....per he firmware screen ends at 305....I guess my unit is part of the defective bathc than....

First I did not notice any light blinking issue,,,but now it is very noticeable when I play the MP3 music ....will this fix this problem with this recall? or it is something that can be fixed in future firmare update...I already got the 1.1 updated this afternoon after I reiceved the unit..

I guess I dont need to send it back to the retailer right?

Rudolph

are any of the "first batch" sent out by GBAX affected by this recall then? or are they not part of the first 500?

Skitzo posted on Dec 4 2005 at 06:11 PM said:
I'm pretty sure the 500 being talked about were the first 500 units released in Korea.

Exactly! The first 500 were released to those of us who ordered in Korea. Maybe they'll fix my headphone jack as well.

Just for clarification: This looks like it will just affect those with a V001 version number and a unit number under 501 probably. That's what I have anyway, #328.

awww crap. I'll be without my GP2X for christmas - life is just not fair.

An I just got neogeo working. :)

Any idea when we'll get official notice from the UK side of things ?

Tobriand posted on Dec 4 2005 at 11:28 AM said:
*Just* outside that group lol... I'm V001-00000510

V102 - 0000022

I am safer than safe :D

And I don't experience any problems, the screen looks vibrant, some backgrounds(eg: the blue movie background) can cause it to create "waves" from the lower right to wander to the upper left, but I guess that's a firmware fault, I still use the old one.

Mines part of the first batch that was destined to Korea however I ordered from GBAX.

GP2XV001 - 00000280

My only guess is that one of the Korean customers cancelled their pre-order and GPH sent it over to GBAX??

Anyway I had the half screen brighter but the firmware fixed that, now I just have the interlacing and a few vertical contrast problems but I think thats firmware related aswell.

I'll see what happens but I'll probably keep it unless they tell me its going to explode...

Mine is also within the first 500 but I am not sure if that includes the ones that were meant for Korea.

Things seem fine on my unit although I am still unable to update the firmware due to SD card issues.

Back