Really Stupid Questions

The Master

1. It's a right pain playing the GP2X when it's plugged in to the mains, due to this annoying rubber thing. Is there any way to non-destructively remove this? So that it could maybe be put back on later?

2. How do you attach the pissing wrist-string?

Please be nice.

:blink:

You could pop the 2x open and remove the rubber thingy, although that's a little drastic if you only want it off for a short time.

The wrist strap attachment should go though the little hole on one of the corners then though it self to make it looped and stay attached.
Hhhmmm, that doesn't make as much sense as I'd hoped!

Anyone else have better descriptive powers? :)

1. open it and you can easyly remove it
2. its a bit tricky, just pull it though the hole on the bottom, getting arround the edge can be a pain, but it works.

An amazing juxtaposition of screen name and questions :)

The MASTER posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:22 PM said:
1. It's a right pain playing the GP2X when it's plugged in to the mains, due to this annoying rubber thing. Is there any way to non-destructively remove this? So that it could maybe be put back on later?

Yup. If you open up the GP2x (i.e. remove the 4 screws that keep the shell halves together), you should be able to just lift it out. I don't quite remember - It might even be enough to just loosen the screws a bit and fiddle it out. But, definitely, if you open it you'll be able to remove it.

The MASTER posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:22 PM said:

Please be nice.

With great patience :) The thin string part of the wrist-string-thing is supposed to go in a small hole on the back of the unit and then come out at a 90 degree angle through the side of the unit (or vice versa). However, since it won't do spontaneous turns at will, you might need to encourage it a bit. I used an oldfashioned paper clip, bent as a small hook, to help it on its way.

Then again, I found the wrist string to be as much an annoyance as the rubber power cover, so you might not want to bother...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a stupid question too. When the heck is the Wonderswan emulator going to be released? I've only been waiting four months for them to release it. How freaking hard could it be to make a frontend or whatever the heck they were working on?

HungryWolf posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:06 PM said:
I have a stupid question too. When the heck is the Wonderswan emulator going to be released? I've only been waiting four months for them to release it. How freaking hard could it be to make a frontend or whatever the heck they were working on?
I'd withhold their salary until they deliver - work-shy scum!

The MASTER posted on Dec 13 2006 at 08:22 AM said:

Please be nice.

Try a lark's head knot. Stick the string loop halfway through the plastic loop on the GP2X. Then, pull the strap end through the exposed string loop. Tighten, voila. Lark's head. Easily removed if necessary.

Must be so easy - you are obviously an experienced developer so why not make one yourself................

ruckage posted on Dec 13 2006 at 09:39 AM said:
Must be so easy - you are obviously an experienced developer so why not make one yourself................

Well, at least he was honest when he described his question as stupid. ;)

Thanks guys, you rule. Hmm, not sure if I want to open up a brand new unit just to remove that rubber thing... although I'm a bit worried it's going to snap off on it's own if I don't... dilemma :unsure:

About the wrist string, "duh", for some reason I thought that the single cord was supposed to fit through the hole, and that there was some way to unfasten the clasp holding it together. Didn't realise I just had to loop and tie it :)

Cheers! I feel marginally more silly but slightly more educated now.

The MASTER posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:47 PM said:
Thanks guys, you rule. Hmm, not sure if I want to open up a brand new unit just to remove that rubber thing... although I'm a bit worried it's going to snap off on it's own if I don't... dilemma :unsure:

How is it annoying you? Is it flapping around? If so, you could just tape it out of the way with a bit of electrical tape....

The MASTER posted on Dec 13 2006 at 02:47 PM said:

About the wrist string, "duh", for some reason I thought that the single cord was supposed to fit through the hole, and that there was some way to unfasten the clasp holding it together. Didn't realise I just had to loop and tie it :)

Cheers! I feel marginally more silly but slightly more educated now.

Just pull, it will just pop out if you pull hard enough. It is only rubber.

Back