Reading Pdfs?

xenocidegeek

Still Fresh
So... is there an up-to-date PDF viewer out there?

I downloaded pdfviewer_beta4, but it didn't even show the .gpe or any corresponding files. I figured it was because it wasn't up to date with the newest firmware.

I want to read ebooks on this thing, but there's no .pdf viewer built in!

Not sure about an up to date one, I tried one of the first ones out but by the time you enlarged the text big enough to read you then spent as much time scrolling left and right as you did scrolling down.

I gave up in the end and converted all my pdf's into text files, despite the problems with the text file reader (words being cut in 2, weird foreign characters) I still find this the best way to read ebooks.

craigix posted on Feb 6 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
Could PDF viewer be a utility?

Nope the programer desided to give it a gpe exenstion when will they learn... I changed mine to gpu for logical reasons.

excuse my spelling I haven't had my coffee yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
xenocidegeek posted on Feb 6 2006 at 05:10 AM said:
So... is there an up-to-date PDF viewer out there?

I downloaded pdfviewer_beta4, but it didn't even show the .gpe or any corresponding files. I figured it was because it wasn't up to date with the newest firmware.

I want to read ebooks on this thing, but there's no .pdf viewer built in!

Are you using any skins?

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I thought 2X would ship with a pdf reader... was a bit diapointed when it didnt, but I can just use the excellent PSP PDF reader for now.

The PDF reader isn't that slow. After the initial 1 min bootup, it preloads the next page, so if your reading from front to back, its not slow at all. Just dont try zooming or anything lol.

Back