Pdf Viewer

sparkymark said:
great thanks for this. umm how do I install it - when I view the file on the Pandora, it offers me no choice of anything to open it with :(
Open a terminal, cd into the directory you downloaded it, and type
Code:
sudo opkg install epdfview_0.1.6-r3.1_armv7a.ipk
This will install epdfview onto the NAND. I'm still highly recommending against this. Give a bit more time for someone to package up some PND file or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
sparkymark said:
great thanks for this. umm how do I install it - when I view the file on the Pandora, it offers me no choice of anything to open it with :(
Open a terminal, cd into the directory you downloaded it, and type
Code:
sudo opkg install epdfview_0.1.6-r3.1_armv7a.ipk
This will install epdfview onto the NAND. I'm still highly recommending against this. Give a bit more time for someone to package up some PND file or something.

:( fails - says it cannot satisfy the dependencies for libpoppler-glib3 (>= 0.8.4)

sparkymark said:
:( fails - says it cannot satisfy the dependencies for libpoppler-glib3 (>= 0.8.4)
Go to the Angstrom Repository and search for libpoppler-glib3, and download the appropriate library. Install that first. If there are any other libs that come up, you'll need to get those, too.

You may be able to get it to download them all automatically, if the Angstrom repo is still setup. I would hope that it isn't, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.
To get opkg to download everything you need automatically, you need to be connected to the internet, and type
Code:
sudo opkg install epdfview
If the default repo file still exists untouched, it'll automatically go to the Angstrom repository and download the file and all its dependencies. Be warned that you might fill up the NAND by doing this.

EvilDragon is rumoured to be creating a PND file of Evince, so you'll be able to use that to open PDFs soon.

WizardStan said:
sparkymark said:
Go to the Angstrom Repository and search for libpoppler-glib3, and download the appropriate library. Install that first. If there are any other libs that come up, you'll need to get those, too.

You may be able to get it to download them all automatically, if the Angstrom repo is still setup. I would hope that it isn't, but wouldn't be surprised if it was.
To get opkg to download everything you need automatically, you need to be connected to the internet, and type
Code:
sudo opkg install epdfview
If the default repo file still exists untouched, it'll automatically go to the Angstrom repository and download the file and all its dependencies. Be warned that you might fill up the NAND by doing this.

EvilDragon is rumoured to be creating a PND file of Evince, so you'll be able to use that to open PDFs soon.

I've still got no further with this - fail and fail. Could somebody chuck this or another PDF viewer into a PND pleeeeese before I go insane :D

sparkymark said:
first do
# sudo opkg update
then do the install.

Back