Rate Of Wiz Defectiveness?

What condition did your Wiz come in?

• Everything worked 100%

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Some buttons wouldn't register unless if pressed from a certain angle

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Some buttons required a bit of force to press down on if pressed from (either from a certain angle,

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Some buttons were just "weird" to press down on

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Minor issues with dead/defective pixels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Major issues with dead/defective pixels

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other minor issue(s)

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Other major issue(s)

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

WarmFluffyUK said:
Where do you live, I or another forum member could fix and test it for you.

Thanks, but I'm in California. And this problem seems to be more widespread - the entire saga unfolds on the thread "I Need Help[Wiz] - Wiz not charging?". Looks like there's a bad batch roaming in the US, since several units purchased in the same time period from the same store are displaying the defect. I found a workaround, so I get to play with mine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nekonomicron said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Where do you live, I or another forum member could fix and test it for you.

Thanks, but I'm in California. And this problem seems to be more widespread - the entire saga unfolds on the thread "I Need Help[Wiz] - Wiz not charging?". Looks like there's a bad batch roaming in the US, since several units purchased in the same time period from the same store are displaying the defect. I found a workaround, so I get to play with mine :)

What's the work around?

thall17 said:
What's the work around?

Had to switch the connectors inside an iGo tip to match the pinouts for the Wiz. Then also identified a compatible charger. If you are having this problem, check the thread "Need help - Wiz not charging?" for all the juicy info :)

This seems to be a widespread problem that's not reflected on the survey.

Mine turned up a couple of days ago and the SD slot puts up a serious fight before letting me have the SD card. It took 15 mins the first time. I've got "the knack" now so it only takes a minute or two.

I'm sending it back as soon as I can.

Back