Raspi Zero W based Terminal

Loving my Zeroes so far; I've been working on this little guy recently.

The zero terminal idea looks really cool, I've definitely gotten inspired by some elements of it in my quest.

Attachments

• Image uploaded from iOS.jpg
    Image uploaded from iOS.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 225
Loving my Zeroes so far; I've been working on this little guy recently.

The zero terminal idea looks really cool, I've definitely gotten inspired by some elements of it in my quest.

Hey Nice Desk ;-)

My intension is, if there is a new Raspberry PI Zero board, we just swap it. Isn't that cool?
To be honest, I ordered a pandora case replacent, in which I assemble all needed parts, did not also enhance it with the the powerboost 1000c, like he does, for this I will use a small powerbank which I dissamble. Provides a lot of capacity with two extra charger ports. Also add some light source for keyboard.(hmm a laser pointer, would also nice for fun) If it's all done I post some pics. For the keyboard I take this: http://www.ebay.de/itm/322284870285?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
So, finger crossed that all works. I definitely post some pics when it's 70% done ;-)

Maybe I also print the case stl files which the node guy will provide sooner. I can print maybe five cases. So let me know, If you're interested. But we have only a RepRap, so no clue how the quality is.

Cheers,
bitibyte

Hi,

just wanted to share this nice raspberry pi w project I stumbled over:

https://n-o-d-e.net/zeroterminal.html

Looks like a pretty terrible keyboard for working with the terminal (assuming bash); no tab, and I can see a tilde key (though it may be that one fn-modified to the right of P). Having pipe on a fn-modified key also isn't ideal, especially given this has no shoulder buttons to combo for FN keys. A lot of this is probably fixable with key remapping, but you've got a small number of keys there in general which'll limit how big of a win you can make this way.

@levi

Ive got the same slide out keyboard he uses.

You often hit two keys at once since the keys are small. You have to focus on hitting each key centre as you type. But that said, it's a nifty project , I'm sure he could pair it with better keyboards . But overall , pretty decent DIY project

Back