Raspberry Pi - 25 Dollar PC on a USB stick

There's an SVG of the Raspberry Pi logo floating about, which was made and posted on their forum by one of the members there, a chap called Burngate.

I've uploaded it here, just in case anyone wants it for their casing designs. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered mine on Sunday, looking forward to it now. XBMC is looking to run extremely well even with 1080p x264 files.

Looking like it may get a massive following, which is great for someone like myself who cant actually code etc, so hopefully get loads of cool stuff to play around with.

does anyone know if the "retrode" http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/cPath/48/products_id/189 will run on the raspberry pi ?

It will once I'm done with it. One of my Rasperry Pi goals is hooking it up to the Retrode 2 and getting the 4 controllers up and running. The cart reading facility should *just work* because it shows up as regular USB Mass Storage.

I wont be able to do much about emulators, though, but I'm sure those will come in good time.

I've made my preliminary Lego case. :lol:

Preliminary_Lego_RPi_Case_plus_Lego_Prometheus.png

Thankfully, it doesn't look *too much* like a rainbow threw up on it, in spite of the limited colour selection that I have to hand. :p (Lego Prometheus also puts in an appearance, there, with a crowbar, because I don't have any Lego scythes. :p )

It's got holes for the HDMI, power, USB, and LAN ports, plus another for access to the SD Card slot. The RCA and 3.5mm audio-out jack are both blocked off, as I won't be using them. There's also a grille at one end, so that the status LEDs can be seen from above.

Has anyone else finished their case, yet? :p

Like it!

where are the plans you using for the dimensions pls, so you knew where to space the ports

Ill have a go at making a case for when i get mine

Yep thanks, that top photo is perfect for lining up against. Do we know how deep/high it is at the highest point, which looks like where the USB or LAN is?

Do we know how deep/high it is at the highest point, which looks like where the USB or LAN is?
I believe it's about an inch or so, going on what's been said on their forums. There's also the document from here, which was measured against a beta board, but I'm pretty sure from what I've read that they're little different height-wise to the production boards.

cheers, think I'll go with that and if the current models protrude a touch more I'll just cut holes in place using the photo and leave it exposed, I'll most likely make a pretty plain box case and paint it nice.

Something pocketable like a stripped gamegear or gameboy would be nice too, gamegear is probably deep enough too

@Gruso - If you're getting a Model B, it won't fit in a cassette case. It's too tall, unfortunately. :(

Back