Rapidracoon - Racing Game Wip

Last edited by a moderator:
looks so cool, i'm starting to see progress on commercial gp2x games that would be worth shelling out for (this one ... the puzzle game coming up)

interesting trend: in the commercial console world, launch titles are typically shit. it takes at least a year for developers to learn the system well enough to put some real meat into any title.

in gp2x, commercial launch titles don't really exist (but there are already great foss games to play and other fun to be had), and it takes commercial developers at least a year to learn the system and put some meat into a title :)

Very, very impressive!

So soon in the commercial world we will have Vektar, Payback, Retrovirus RTS, this, Wind & Water, and maybe a few others...

Quality over quantity :)

And the free homebrew is outstanding.

This reminds me of a rather old PC-game which was kind of a Wipeout clone, but I can't remember if it came out before or after Wipeout. I think the name was High-Octane, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the web. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm getting puzzled now.

I loved Hi-Octane... The precise timing you needed to use the shortcuts, the sense of speed and the great flow of the game (if you had the hardware for it).

I'm really looking forward to Rapidraccon, if it's anything like Hi-Octane it will rock!

The 3D engine was written in Fixed.
Hi !

As everyone here I am really impressed by the video :)

What do you mean when you say that your 3D engine was written in "Fixed" ? That you use fixed point arithmetics ? Or that you use some sort of programming language that is called "Fixed", as the use of a capital letter seems to imply ? I'm a little bit doubtful about the second assumption, but who knows :p

The 3D engine was written in Fixed.
Hi !

As everyone here I am really impressed by the video :)

What do you mean when you say that your 3D engine was written in "Fixed" ? That you use fixed point arithmetics ? Or that you use some sort of programming language that is called "Fixed", as the use of a capital letter seems to imply ? I'm a little bit doubtful about the second assumption, but who knows :p

Yes ! fixed point :rolleyes:

If the developers are reading this, please put me down as a vote for "arcady" rather than "realistic" handling. Ta!
Slightly off topic, but what do you mean when you say "arcady" handling? No inertia/momentum when you steer and that type of thing, just flat movements?

- Alex

Thanks !!

This video is taken from the TV-out of the GP2X!
What you see is what get.

Ukko/live!

Just wondering, ain't there a graphical bug with the textures? You know on the side of the track, on the floor you have these dark, kind of, stripes? And anyways, it seems that when they get within a certain distance of you they like suddenly double of size, am I the only one to have noticed that?

Sorry for this overly excited post, but I'm not holding back on this one!

WOOOOT!!! WIPEOUT!!!! BLOODY HELL!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! *tears of joy*

PS: If there's a vote then I vote for Wipeout style arcady controls :)

Thanks !!

This video is taken from the TV-out of the GP2X!
What you see is what get.

Ukko/live!

Just wondering, ain't there a graphical bug with the textures? You know on the side of the track, on the floor you have these dark, kind of, stripes? And anyways, it seems that when they get within a certain distance of you they like suddenly double of size, am I the only one to have noticed that?

yes, that comes from the distortion of the mapping, since this video we managed the LOD for the track.
And it's better.

Ukko/live!

PS : yes we are french like you jean-jacques :blink:

This second video looks even better. Keep us posted with updates, will you? :)

- Alex

If the developers are reading this, please put me down as a vote for "arcady" rather than "realistic" handling. Ta!
Slightly off topic, but what do you mean when you say "arcady" handling? No inertia/momentum when you steer and that type of thing, just flat movements?

- Alex

by arcady im guessing like ridge racer or something... idk but the vid (which i just watched) looks AWSOME (as a hugew racing fan) i really cant wait for this!!! :D

i'll be excited for the full commercial version out and to buy it since it has what I almost consider required in a commercial game extendability and that should definitely be provided through the track editor.

for now just looking forward to any sort of playable demo. any idea when we might get one?

Back