Rapidracoon - Racing Game Wip

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Live! released a first preview of a racing game they're currently working on.

And, holy crap! I can't say anything more!

Check out a video on YouTube!

More info about this on the official site.

Last edited:
it's only 350 polygons actualy but will be much more in final version ^^ only first processor of the GP2x (920) is used and the 940 will be use to play sound :D

Guess the answer for this is yes, but am gonna ask anyway, is it commercial? am really interested in having this, Wipeout is (as most psx titles) still unplayable on psx4gp2x.
If am not mistaken, there are no homebrew games in the category "racing" in the archive too.

Reminds me of the old 16-bit classic "Powerdrome" :)
you beat me to it ;) same here powerdrome

Vid looks awesome

that reminds me anyone tried Starglider 2?

Wow! Something else to stop the negativity surrounding the gp2x.
There is no negativity surrounding the GP2X. You've never had it so good.

EDIT for on-topicness: the game looks really cool. Is that demo actually running on a GP2X?

i couldnt agree with you more Critical.

bah kids of today, they dont know thier born.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, if it could gave a stable framerate with enimies, it would be really great GP2X game.

Oh Boy! I loves me me racing games!

Sorry, proper grammer will be resumed once I've finished drooling... :)

If the developers are reading this, please put me down as a vote for "arcady" rather than "realistic" handling. Ta!

Looks fantastic, that's all I can say. Commercial or not, I'm getting this, that much is sure! To satisfy my personal curiosity, how did you handle the graphics for this game? Did you write your own polygon fill routines in ASM via minimal lib, or what? Because the speed is amazing, it feels incredibely smooth.

- Alex

Back