Race! Problems

Blah

Wanna Be Programmer
Website
Visit site
I've tried two roms and neither of them work. It just plays the intro sound and goes back to the menu.

The roms I tried were:

Sonic the Hedgehog - Pocket Adventure
Rockman Battle & Fighters [T-English_0.10]

Blah posted on Mar 4 2007 at 02:46 AM said:
I've tried two roms and neither of them work. It just plays the intro sound and goes back to the menu.

The roms I tried were:

I used to only be able to run a few games but then I read on this forum somewhere that the roms cannot have names longer than 20 characters.

All my games work now that I renamed them. Try that. It sounded wierd to me but it worked in my case. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blah posted on Mar 4 2007 at 07:46 AM said:

The roms I tried were:

It works fine. Your file names are too long, just shorten them up. This seems to be a long standing issue with RACE.

my only problem with race is that it doesnt seem to be able to save anything from that weird game with all the minigames sort of like warioware. i think the name had ganbare somewhere in there. its all in japanese but it mostly doesnt matter except i can't tell if im going to the save screen properly. but even following directions how to save i can't seem to start off where i was thus making the game very boring since you have to wait for all the minigames to be built.

Hi, I cant get this emu started at all. I'm running FW2.1.0
I copied the Race folder onto my SD root, when I try running the program I get the following results "Error: Cannot access to directory."
(I've tried running is by itself as well as using gmenu2x to load it with a rom (renamed to make filename smaller)).
I've tried copying the files across several times incase there was an error in the transfer.
The readme doesn't give much advice for running the app, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to include a bios anywhere.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Godmil posted on Mar 6 2007 at 12:00 PM said:
Hi, I cant get this emu started at all. I'm running FW2.1.0
I copied the Race folder onto my SD root, when I try running the program I get the following results "Error: Cannot access to directory."
(I've tried running is by itself as well as using gmenu2x to load it with a rom (renamed to make filename smaller)).
I've tried copying the files across several times incase there was an error in the transfer.
The readme doesn't give much advice for running the app, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to include a bios anywhere.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Do you have your ROMs on your SD card as /roms/ngpc/ ?
Have you edited the config file? If so then chances are windows has "touched" the file leaving stray ASCII characters in there "corrupting" it. Use the free editing tool called "jedit" to change the config and you should be fine if thats the case.

EDIT: Added link: www.jedit.org

purple_goat posted on Mar 5 2007 at 01:00 AM said:
PokeParadox posted on Mar 4 2007 at 02:54 AM said:
works fine here. I set it up to use GMenu as the selector.
how?
Sorry for the late reply but...
Create a link for it in GMenu2X

Important note IIRC there is a small gpe file that points to the main program. I deleted this and renamed the program to "race.gpe" You must make sure you point to the program and not the script for this to work.

Code:
title=RACE!
description=NeoGeo Pocket Color emulator.
icon=/mnt/nand/gmenu2x/customIcons/neogeopocket.png
exec=/mnt/sd/emulators/ngpc/race.gpe
manual=/mnt/sd/emulators/ngpc/readme.txt
clock=160
useramtimings=true
selectordir=/mnt/sd/roms/ngp/
selectorbrowser=true
selectorfilter=.ngp,.ngc
wrapper=true

Thanks Yorper! It was that I didn't have the correct rom directory (I dont think it was in the readme). This emu is brilliant, I dug up my ngp (which I only had one game for) recently was was exteremly dissapointed to realise it wasn't backlit and was nearly impossible to see what was happening. This is perfect, now I can see the wonderful colours :D

Godmil posted on Mar 7 2007 at 08:03 AM said:
Thanks Yorper! It was that I didn't have the correct rom directory (I dont think it was in the readme). This emu is brilliant, I dug up my ngp (which I only had one game for) recently was was exteremly dissapointed to realise it wasn't backlit and was nearly impossible to see what was happening. This is perfect, now I can see the wonderful colours :D

You're welcome. I havent used my NGPC for quite some time now too, got about 30 games for it but now i just play them all on my gp2x :)

every time I try to load my ngpc it goes to a black screen someone please help

The thread already explained alot of the issues; if you cannot resolve please open new thread in Help section and give more information so people can actually help (system, firmware, version, etc.)

Back