Sonic 1 & Picodrive

Lardy

Still Fresh
Hi,

I am playing Sonic The Hedgehog (W) (REV01) [!] on PicoDrive 1.34 and the graphics and sound jump around a little. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (W) (REV01) [!] plays with no problems on the default settings. I have played around in the options using overclocking and tinkering with the video and sound settings with no success.

So my question is: Does anyone have this playing smoothly and if so what settings are you using? Or is it just a case of the second games code being better optimised than the first?

I am using a GP2X-F100 with firmware 3.0.0.

The picodrive is the best emu for genesis, try different version for sonic the hedhehog.
You should never try rev versions they always give problems.

yeah definitely try different dumps, different regions too. i haven't had sonic 1 on my sd in a while but i can't remember ever having problems with it. there's an "accurate timing" setting. i think it's more for segacd but if anything is worth changing, it's that one, plus the renderer (hit Y button in game).

Thanks everyone for your input.

I set Accurate timing (slower) to ON - thanks rokdcasbah - and that did the trick. In this instance slower is a misnomer!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Back