Race emulator

sukhi2011

I have been trying to work race emulator for some time but once you are race menu from there you can't do anything only buttons work is b for menu and that is all.

I have installed roms in this directory sd/pandora/roms/ngp

Other directory tried was sd/pandora/appdata/race/unzipped roms.

So where am i making the mistake from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you give a link to the race emulator? I'm not familiar with that one.

I believe that this is the one, guys. :)

I don't use it, myself, so I'm afraid that I can't help with this one at all. Sorry about that.

I've had that issue with RACE before Ocean. I found deleting the appdata folder seemed to do the trick if I recall and then you can properly browse to your roms and launch a game. Theres no returning to the menu once a game is loaded though and start+select quits out rather than L+R as is said in the documentation. It seems to remember the dir aswell, so you can put your roms (unzipped only) wherever you like.

Hookas last post in that thread was pretty recent andwhen he has his Pandora back, perhaps he will be working on this again some more.

I also believe the roms have to be named a certain way as well. If to many characters are used, they wont work. Try and browse some of the old threads for info, as I'm sure any problem your having has been covered at some point.

Race does work well, but it is not the best emu as far as bells and whistles go, but it does function well once you get it going. NeoGeo pocket was the SHIT! :p

Chris

Mariopandio,Yes you are right by deleting the appdata it worked,can this emulator go full screen.

Glad to hear that worked for you. I've had it occur a few times. I dont think the emu can go fullscreen no. Hopefully if Hooka does pick this project back up between writing games, he will attempt to add a few more options to the interface. Otherwise its a pretty nice little emu already though :)

Yes you are right the emulator runs full speed with sound and is perfect.

It looks like hooka kept it the same screen as neo geo pocket color,in my opnion has some of the best games on a portable system inc.last blade,dark arms and metal slug 2,kof paradise,sonic pocket adventure.

I hope hooka will turn it full screen

Yeah, it's a very solid emu. I believe Hooka just did a quick port so we could play NeoGeo pocket, but I don't think he has touched it since the original release. I would love to see more options made availible, but sadly "race" is among many other Pandora ports that never get the love they deserve, and a proper showing on the Pandora.

Chris

Back