Race! Beta

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Hello,
Just thought I'd let this go into the wild. I released a new version of RACE! here! Haven't quite gotten save states working yet, but cart saves should be saved more frequently now :) Also added usb joystick support, although it is very crude and just hardmaps the buttons atm :S Work still needs to be done to get save states working then add a menu, but atleast I've been making progress. It comes with selector, but I'd recommend ditching it and using gmenu2x and it's built-in selector with the race binary (no extension) as this allows tv-out to work properly ;)

Have a good one!
TJ Hooka

HOOKA :blink: :huh: i have tried this version, but the TV-OUT don't work propertly, only half screen, same problem of olds version.
Can you fix? Thank you.

I have tried with gmenu but nothing.

Make your link in gmenu2x to race (without an extension at all) and turn the selector on, so that you can use it to select which rom to run...

Awesome. Must update my card with this. Race is one of my favourites - shame about no savestates, but, well, the games are for a handheld, and so generally are designed with short play periods in mind, iirc.

Thanks for the update, Hooka!

Tobriand: savestates are in the works ;) Just got some snags to work through... as a bonus the SRAM (ingame saves) should be saved more frequently now ;)

Have not yet tried this Pocket Neo-Geo emulator a go yet. Looking forward to giving it a whirl! :D

now, in-game saves are worked more properly.
thanx, hooka :)
but it looked there is a little problem-volume control doesn't work :(
i use F200 & FW 4.1.1
this RACE version is beta, so i look forward it fixed.

MEGADETH said:
now, in-game saves are worked more properly.
thanx, hooka :)
but it looked there is a little problem-volume control doesn't work :(
i use F200 & FW 4.1.1
this RACE version is beta, so i look forward it fixed.
yeah I just noticed today that volume doesn't work for me either. I'm using firmware 4.0.0 so I don't think firmware is the issue.

besides that great release

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, missed that in my testing! Well, it was working a week ago before I made some changes, so I'll look into what I might've borked ;)

Nice work, Hooka. I just happened to stop by, and I noticed your news on the front page. I'm glad to see that RACE work has continued both on GP2X and PSP.

Thanks! Will download now :D though last time I checked all games I had worked perfectly. An excellent way to play Shogi :)

BTW if you need help with usb joystick support let me know!

Thanks for the update.

Looking forward to further improvements. :)

Back