Alexkidd2x V0.5 Xmas Edition

And a graphic manual for gmenu2x users :p
Rename to "alexkidd.man.png"
The manual looks great on my desktop pedator. My 2x isn't booting at the moment though, so I can't fully test it out yet.
I'll add it to the Standards site & give it a full test A.S.A.P :)
Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator:
Liquido Marquee :rolleyes:

And a graphic manual for gmenu2x users :p
Rename to "alexkidd.man.png"

Hey, a good reason to pack the new Emulator on my SD. I like to collect "Liquido-things" :lol:
Haven't tried Alexkidd2x since the old (little bit crappy) 0.4 version but the changes in the new 0.5 are really huge! O-O"

Besides, can gfx-manuals be transulent? So they always match to any Gmenu2X background. ^^

The readme mentions source is available on the website. I don't plan to make any changes myself but was just curious, where on the website is it located?

Hi,

I'm currently don't have enough time to update my website (as you can see), but ask me the code to my email address and I will send it to you :)

Regards

I've collected your suggestions and bugs reports as long as the ones some people have mailed me. I'm currenlty quite busy with University exams, but as soon as I can get some free time (about half February) I will try to fix them :)

Thanks

Besides, can gfx-manuals be transulent? So they always match to any Gmenu2X background. ^^
Yep :D
Yupp In Gmenu2X I have seen, that pedator made the AlexKidd Manual background half transulent so it matches with the Gmenu2X bg. :)

But i still have an "old" bug in A.K.: The Sound/game hangs sometimes for miliseconds :( And in SMS Sonic 1 the screen-Aspect-ratio seems a little bit wrong (have a thick black vertical line on the left side of the Master-System-Screen, in AlexKidd (the Game!) not )

But i still have an "old" bug in A.K.: The Sound/game hangs sometimes for miliseconds :( And in SMS Sonic 1 the screen-Aspect-ratio seems a little bit wrong (have a thick black vertical line on the left side of the Master-System-Screen, in AlexKidd (the Game!) not )

Uhm, Alex Kidd doesn't hang for me (I've finished that game several times :D ), it only hangs a second a bit seconds after launched, as the other games.

By the way, I think the vertical black line you say it's normal. It is used to hide "corrupt" data that it is not seen on a TV because of the marquee used, but the GP2X shows all the screen and would show that corrupt data if it wasn't hided.

Now that I'm a dpad user too, I'm gonna ask Puck the code and if he sends it to me I'm gonna add alternatives to the stick click.

Edit:
I posted just a moment after you, so I think I don't have to send you a pm?

Now that I'm a dpad user too, I'm gonna ask Puck the code and if he sends it to me I'm gonna add alternatives to the stick click.

Edit:
I posted just a moment after you, so I think I don't have to send you a pm?
Nice one Ryo. I wish more people would do that :)

Uhm, Alex Kidd doesn't hang for me (I've finished that game several times :D ), it only hangs a second a bit seconds after launched, as the other games.

By the way, I think the vertical black line you say it's normal. It is used to hide "corrupt" data that it is not seen on a TV because of the marquee used, but the GP2X shows all the screen and would show that corrupt data if it wasn't hided.

Hm... I have more little "hangs". It's the only Emulator with this little problem. I'm using always Gmenu2X, maybe it has something to do with that?

Hi,

I've uploaded AlexKidd2X v0.5 source code to my website.

It's quite uncommented and a bit crappy, but it could be useful for some coders.

It's licensed as GPL so if you make use of any part of it you must release your own source code as GPL.

You can download it here.

Regards

Back