Quick Joystick Fix

Thanks, think I got it pretty much figured out. It's just supposed to keep the white housing of the joystick from moving?

Can you actually pull the joystick directly out without breaking it? Someone mentioned that along with this and i've read that post but i'm still dubious.

I think it works, although Ninja Gaiden on little john has horrible down diagonal controls to duck, but every other game seems to work well.

One question, now the top left corner of the screen is lighter, a little distorted - is it from the case bulging now, it bulges pretty good. I can see quite a bit of the inside around the L key.

Cryoworm posted on Apr 18 2004 at 11:18 PM said:
I think it works, although Ninja Gaiden on little john has horrible down diagonal controls to duck, but every other game seems to work well.

One question, now the top left corner of the screen is lighter, a little distorted - is it from the case bulging now, it bulges pretty good. I can see quite a bit of the inside around the L key.
Yes you have it too tight. LCD screens change brightness evenness etc when twisted, so you are putting stress on the screen (bad).

Last edited by a moderator:
Downsized and everything is fine now. Thanks for the trick.

A little off-topic, but does anyone else have perpetual trouble with going from running forward, to crouching in Ninja Gaiden (NES emulated) on Little John? Diagonal aiming is perfect now in other platformers, Contra, Shinobi, Bad Dudes etc.

Cryoworm posted on Apr 18 2004 at 04:16 PM said:
The picture link doesn't work anymore.
The picture link never worked. That's why I added the "Copy and paste" bit. It should work like that.

And, oh yeah, I put my Atari Jaguar up for sale an e-bay if anyone's interested: View aution here!

My FLU's up/right has been getting worse for a while, but I'm a coward.. I've sent it back to the experts at gbax.com rather than attempting a repair myself :unsure:

Oh, so that's why it hasn't been up..... I originally put it in General Talk so everyone would see it, and perchance just try it, rather than those looking specifically for an anwer.

This is in the F.A.Q. section, I think it would make more sense if it went in the I need help section like where it use to be.

Hey everybody, another quick observation: If you put too much paper in, esp. in the newer GP32s, it will sometimes stick in a certain direction. On my BLU it stuck whenever I pressed down after I tried this, but as it was more of a "feel" issue on mu BLU rather than a response issue, I afterwards removed the paper. I still get perfect response on my BLU, it's just that it feels weird to have the stick jiggling around when I'm not pushing any particular direction.

Well, my GP32BLU is still new, and hasn't had any problems with the joystick yet. But if I do have any problems, I will use the little paper fix.

Woot, 300 posts!

Zen posted on May 18 2004 at 06:56 PM said:
My FLU's up/right has been getting worse for a while, but I'm a coward.. I've sent it back to the experts at gbax.com rather than attempting a repair myself :unsure:

:blink: how hard is it to take some screws out and stick some paper in there

Its really unecessary if you joystick is responsive. Its easy taking off the 6 screws, nothing really hard about it, but for Flu's its a bit harder because of the wires.

www.gp32z.com

Back