D-pad Doesnt Work

superlefax

Still Fresh
Website
lefaxsworld.funpic.de
hi guys, my dpad doesnt work correctly! If i want to press in the direction right, the cursor did not move. All other directions work fine. So i have decided to open my GP. I have tested the "Quick Joystick Fix" (put a piece of paper to the pad), but i didnt work. If i press to the joystick to right, i hear the click.I dont now how i can fix it and on the site of mashmods.com doesnt exist the GP anymore (there are only the pictures of GP but there is no link for them... so is there an another shop, who i can repair this? I have orderd my GP from Liksang for one year (get it to xmas)

here is a picture:

Image4.jpg

please help me

superlefax posted on Dec 16 2004 at 09:04 PM said:
hi guys, my dpad doesnt work correctly! If i want to press in the direction right, the cursor did not move. All other directions work fine. So i have decided to open my GP. I have tested the "Quick Joystick Fix" (put a piece of paper to the pad), but i didnt work. If i press to the joystick to  right, i hear the click.I dont now how i can fix it and on the site of mashmods.com doesnt exist the GP anymore (there are only the pictures of GP  but there is no link for them... so is there an another shop, who i can repair this? I have orderd my GP from Liksang for one year (get it to xmas)

here is a picture:

Image4.jpg

please help me

Most likely a solder joint that is connecting that microswitch to the main board has separated. You would need to go in and re solder it.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe you could try console-fix.co.uk?
yes this is an option, but it cost £37.00!!!!!!! It is to much...
Most likely a solder joint that is connecting that microswitch to the main board has separated. You would need to go in and re solder it.
yes i think there is the fault. The only problem is, that there are no wires for that, only conductor paths. Can a conductor path broke?? I dont think so. The interruptor of the dpad for the direction right is broken... :(
is there an another solution?

superlefax posted on Dec 17 2004 at 03:14 PM said:
yes i think there is the fault. The only problem is, that there are no wires for that, only conductor paths. Can a conductor path broke?? I dont think so. The interruptor of the dpad for the direction right is broken... :(

A solder joint is not a wire, it's the small silverish dot that connects the microswitch to the board.
Look if they all look fine. If one looks like it has a small crack in it, resolder this one.

Last edited:
superlefax posted on Dec 17 2004 at 01:14 PM said:
maybe you could try console-fix.co.uk?
yes this is an option, but it cost £37.00!!!!!!! It is to much...

Yes sometimes the component's pin that is soldered to a pad will sometimes crack. It can be real hard to see sometimes as the crack is very small. Other times the pad is ok but the small trace that connects to it cracks. As you know which direction is not working just trace that path and look close. You could also use a continuity tester if you have trouble seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back