Questions To Craig

C

codeninja

Since my luck with emailing to Craig seemed not too good, I'm asking these questions here, instead, Craig.

1. Would GP2x being shipped from Craig's store have DC power adapter that has dual voltage support (i.e. 110v and 220v)? Since I live in the States, if it only comes with 220v DC adapter, I'm screwed. Even if the power cord has only 220v plug to it, as long as the adapter takes both voltages, I have some extra 110v head that plugs right on top of 220v head.

2. With the latest info, when would be the realistic ship date if I ordered last Thursday (20th)?

3. Would I be eligible for those free stuffs having ordered last Thursday?

Thank you, Craig for answering in advance.

p.s. You anyone else knows answers for questions, please feel free to fill in.

codeninja posted on Oct 26 2005 at 05:40 AM said:
Since my luck with emailing to Craig seemed not too good, I'm asking these questions here, instead, Craig.

1. Would GP2x being shipped from Craig's store have DC power adapter that has dual voltage support (i.e. 110v and 220v)? Since I live in the States, if it only comes with 220v DC adapter, I'm screwed. Even if the power cord has only 220v plug to it, as long as the adapter takes both voltages, I have some extra 110v head that plugs right on top of 220v head.

2. With the latest info, when would be the realistic ship date if I ordered last Thursday (20th)?

3. Would I be eligible for those free stuffs having ordered last Thursday?

Thank you, Craig for answering in advance.

p.s. You anyone else knows answers for questions, please feel free to fill in.
Umm lemmesee...

1. It doesn't ship with any power adaptor so theres no problem there.
2. Sometime before the End of November
3. If theres any left...yes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skitzo posted on Oct 26 2005 at 09:25 AM said:
It doesn't ship with a power adaptor? What the hell?

You'd better be lying, Empyre..

pretty sure it does ship with an adapter seen as there were pictures of it the other day...

xafier posted on Oct 26 2005 at 10:34 AM said:
pretty sure it does ship with an adapter seen as there were pictures of it the other day...

A Korean PSU :blink:. Lot of use in Europe and US (where GBAX/GP32Z is don’t forget) without modding and just bound to be EC/FCC approved ;). GPH may ship Korean units with an approved PSU but not outside Korea I would think but only Craig can confirm. If GBAX sourced EC/FCC approved units localy then that would be cool.

GP32's never shipped with a PSU and you don't find the GBA or DS and alike being shipped with PSU's. It just adds up to way to much hassle and once you start selling a device that connects to the mains power supply out of the box it gets a whole lot more interesting from an approval standpoint as I understand it. The PSU for the unit is a fairly standard affair anyway and should not code more then a few pounds.

My DS came with a power supply, but that's probably only because it uses proprietary batteries.

As the GP2X uses AA batteries (like the GBA and the GP32), I wouldn't expect it to come with a power adaptor (like the GBA and GP32).

Adaptors that work on the GP32 work on the GP2X anyway, so I don't see it being a problem.

gbax.com said:
What's in the box?

GP2X console (With 64M Internal Storage)
USB Cable for PC connection (With 2.0 Support)
Preloaded Linux with Media player (MP3, Divx, WMA etc.)
CD with Games, Utilities, MP3 player, Movie player
2 * AA batteries
SDK - Make your own games!

And for you lucky preorder customers:
Free GP Headphones & Carry case (while stocks last).

I see no mention of PSU in this list.

I'm guessing that the case, hand strap, psu, screen protectors, concave joysticks, funky coloured cases etc are all after market products that will be available after the gp2x ships.

Adjustable power supplies are a dime a dozen these days, if you don't already have one then answer this question; what kind of geek ARE you!?

I asked Craig if he could ship to my work address ages, I don't recall receiving a response.

WoD posted on Oct 26 2005 at 01:54 PM said:
Adjustable power supplies are a dime a dozen these days, if you don't already have one then answer this question; what kind of geek ARE you!?

I asked Craig if he could ship to my work address ages, I don't recall receiving a response.
If you want an adjustable REGULATED power supply it costs nearly £10. Thats alot!

Hanz™ posted on Oct 26 2005 at 01:59 PM said:
If you want an adjustable REGULATED power supply it costs nearly £10. Thats alot!

Maybe sell your gp32 to fund it? :p

Seriously though, I just spend twice that on 8x2600mh ni-mh AA batterys and a charger!

Edit: Woot! 100th post :D

DJWillis posted on Oct 26 2005 at 08:57 AM said:
codeninja posted on Oct 26 2005 at 04:52 PM said:
I guess, Craig doesn't have answers for my questions... :(

Are you the patient sort normally ;).

I think, giving 1 week for email reply and 1 day for post reply sounds very reasonable in my opinion...Even telegrams take less than that.

Why not try emailing again, or maybe send a pm on this site, or contact him on ICQ or MSN, or (and maybe I'm being a bit extreme here) why not PICK UP THE PHONE AND SPEAK TO HIM. Contrary to popular belief Craig spends his days running a business, not browsing the web searching random sites for questions that need answering.

£10 wouldn't even buy me a takeaway, that is hardly a lot.

not browsing the web searching random sites for questions that need answering

Yup, because everyone knows that gp32x.de is a completely random site with aboslutely nothing at all to do with the GP2X.

Also, Although I agree with you on princple, I hate phones.

WoD posted on Oct 27 2005 at 12:02 PM said:

Yup, because everyone knows that gp32x.de is a completely random site with aboslutely nothing at all to do with the GP2X.
There are loads of sites out there that are about the GP2X, is Craig suppose to study all of them in detail every day? Just because this site is about the GP2X, and Craig sells the GP2X, doesn't mean that Craig has any relationship with this site at all. On his own site he clearly lists 5 different methods to contact him, so why do people think they can contact him in some different way, then bitch when he doesn't reply?

woogal posted on Oct 27 2005 at 04:58 AM said:
WoD posted on Oct 27 2005 at 12:02 PM said:

There are loads of sites out there that are about the GP2X, is Craig suppose to study all of them in detail every day? Just because this site is about the GP2X, and Craig sells the GP2X, doesn't mean that Craig has any relationship with this site at all. On his own site he clearly lists 5 different methods to contact him, so why do people think they can contact him in some different way, then bitch when he doesn't reply?

I DID tried twice to email him in two different email accounts of his and waited for more than a week for a reply with no luck. gp32x.de is not a random site as you said because 1 Craig has an account and 2 he mentioned that he would try to answer questions on this forum as he sees them in one of many his own postings.

You remind of those people that believe their problema are the biggest in the world and others' are just whines. If this thread bothers you, don't read this, OK?

codeninja posted on Oct 27 2005 at 04:01 PM said:
I DID tried twice to email him in two different email accounts of his and waited for more than a week for a reply with no luck. gp32x.de is not a random site as you said because 1 Craig has an account and 2 he mentioned that he would TRY to answer questions on this forum as he sees them in one of many his own postings.

You remind of those people that believe their problema are the biggest in the world and others' are just whines. If this thread bothers you, don't read this, OK?

Maybe you should try browsing the forum, like here.

Back