New email from craig, watch out

comradekingu

Glowing ember
Website
portfolio.anotheragency.no

FinalPandoras <gp2xmobile@gmail.com> via kronos.dragonbox.de

I see what you did there.  

TL;DR email not answering any questions, with references to "we" "limited supply", "last pandoras", the usual sales pitch, and then the ending.

Craig
PS No need to unsubscribe, this is the last mass email.
I would flag as scam immediatly if it wasnt sent through EDs domain.

Why not post the whole email (sans any personal information) here?

Suspicious, I must agree. On the other hand, it does say in the mail to contact sales@gbax.com, which I suppose is still under control by Craig? If so, it'd at least be weird if Craig wasn't the one who sent it.

Complete mail:

To: ****@gmail.com

Subject: Final Pandoras and parts

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:34:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyone,

I'm clearing out the last of the original Pandora consoles and parts that are left in

the UK.

We also have PCBs and totally dead units (good for spare parts) along with 4200mah

batteries and all case parts.

The consoles were either faulty, returned or somehow damaged - I've been gradually going

through them and fixing what I can with various results. Each unit I've got working has a

new LCD cable and the new silver case.

With prices from £2 we thought it was worth seeing if you wanted anything before

we put them on ebay or throw them away (I really don't want to have to bin all this).

There are repaired fully working units, units with broken nubs, broken speakers, broken

USB ports etc. all to be sold way under cost price.

If you're interested in getting one, email sales@gbax.com and let me know what you're

after.

First come first served, these are the absolute last of the last and must be sold.

Thanks,

Craig

So he's finally delivering, with a tiny delay.

Wished i could try to order some semi-working units but i don't trust him anymore.

Well, I'll send him a list of remaining CC upgrade customers tomorrow, as a reminder.

After all, he has no idea who cross-upgraded yet, so sending him that list would even have a good reason.

I'll also send a mail to all CC customers to tell them they should contact Craig if they want one of those units, and I'll also let him know I did.

If he is selling units for preorder customers, that's sickening. I feel horrible for supporting the icp2 if this is the way he is ending so many outstanding Pandora supporters. Leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

I've asked for a price on a new battery and case. If it's cheaper than ED, I'll buy.

D.

Am I understanding this correctly? Is Craig now selling the same thing three times?

First he takes pre-orderer money, but doesn't deliver.

Second he lets ED and/or donations pay again to send him the unit, but he doesn't give it to the pre-orderer it was meant for.

Third he sells those units in a "clearing out", again taking money and promising to deliver something - maybe this time he will, maybe he won't.

If the above is true, then it's disgusting. Very disgusting.

I believe it's CC boards he had lying around from before, which he sent to ED for repair. ED, thinking they are meant for old preorders who are willing to accept CC unit, repaired them and sent them back to Craig.

Just like many of us expected, Craig is simply selling them now, instead of offering to preorders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering if Craig is collecting money for that new transparent keymats.

Craig

On the other hand he might be planning to claim bankruptcy of Open Pandora Ltd. (or however it's called in UK).

So, he would rather trash it, than deliver to the old preorderers?

Very nice!
He can't legally just send "refurbished" (including DOA units that have been repaired) to people that paid for a new unit. From what I understand, however, he is able to (and supposed to) be sending them to people who have already agreed to accept them in lieu of the brand new unit they're supposed to (but probably never will) receive.

Back