Question For Warmfluffyuk, Or Anyone Else Who Actually Has Used A Wiz

Well here's what I have found so far:

The Wiz's screen is great in daylight, but not so brilliant with direct sunlight shinning on it, all you need is a little shadow and then you can see the screen again. The one thing I used to find with my GP2X was that if I got reflections on the screen I had to tilt the 2X slightly but then because of the poor viewing angle I then couldn't see the screen, but obviously the Wiz doesn't suffer from this as the viewing angle is amazing, in fact I haven't seen any LCD screen to beat this OLED one yet.

I have used my Wiz in a multitude of different places including while I was waiting for a taxi outside a shop on a sunny day, and it was perfectly visible.

Thanks! That makes sense about the better viewing angle solving part of the problem.

What exactly are you playing on it? And what is your experience, or opinion, so far with gaming on the Wiz? :huh:
Example: Are the buttons working out with gameplay, etc?

I guess this question is directed toward WarmFluffyUK or whoever has one.

darkman said:
What exactly are you playing on it? And what is your experience, or opinion, so far with gaming on the Wiz? :huh:
Example: Are the buttons working out with gameplay, etc?

I guess this question is directed toward WarmFluffyUK or whoever has one.
Currently on the Wiz I am playing:
Blingo
Protozoa
Ruckman
Myriad
Snake on Dope
Boomshine
Space Varments

I usually think a good test of a d-pad is a pacman style game and Ruckman is definately that, it's now a joy to play and I now never miss a maze exit.

Games like Myriad, Boomshine and Space Varments that use touch screen work extremely well, the touch screen is quite precise and the Wiz has a test mode that allows you to draw using the stylus, that shows off how precise it is..

The ABXY buttons feel very responsive and the fact they are not round like the GP2X buttons doesn't seem to make any difference. To be honest I would say that the Wiz buttons work better as they taper up at the edges making them easier to press and less likely you will press the wrong button, also I think they have more style than the old round buttons!

When the firmware is more complete I will do a full review of the Wiz if you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
When the firmware is more complete I will do a full review of the Wiz if you like?
[/quote]

Yes please, if you could link to a video? also if you can put it next to other consoles like a psp, ds, gba micro etc. And while I am asking you for the earth could you also include what emus are available and working? Many thanks

WarmFluffyUK said:
I have used my Wiz in a multitude of different places including while I was waiting for a taxi outside a shop on a sunny day, and it was perfectly visible.
I'll bet this kind of thing happens a lot on this forum. :unsure:

Sorry :(

Frogboy said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

What?

Alex. said:
Frogboy said:
WarmFluffyUK said:

What?

Sentences that sound really bad due to the unfortunate (although likely intentional) choice of name for the device.

Back