Question About Squidgesnes

Ripster

Website
Visit site
I have a new MKII with FW3.0.0 and I seem to have a handle on most of the emulators and Interpeters however occasionally I find a problem that I can't find an answer for. I have had my unit for a few weeks now... and am just finding some time to actually play with it. Love it.

Anyway... my problem is that I can startup SquidgeSNES v3.96 but I don't seem to be able to load any roms. No matter what I do the roms are not showing up... the address to the folder is correct but no valid roms are showing on the screen. There was mention of this happening to someone else in the archives... but there was no answer to his response.

If anyone has a solution please let me know... in the meantime I suppose I could try downloading it again and see if that makes a difference.

I forget what the default is now, but it's either /roms/snes or rom dir in the directory of the exe, so try both of those. Check your config file with a text editor.

Squidge said:
I forget what the default is now, but it's either /roms/snes or rom dir in the directory of the exe, so try both of those. Check your config file with a text editor.

/roms/snes is what I instinctively set up for my roms, and when it didn't work I put it in the same directory as the executable. My roms are all in zip format and when it didn't get recognized I actually tried them again unzipped. When I go into the select rom menu the header is correct.... /mnt/sd/roms/snes it just shows no files.

Hmmm ok now something real bad just happened. Everything in my emulator folder just disappeared, my SD card is still as full as it was.... but about a gig of emulators, roms and cached files are gone. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I guess I will have to reformat and try again. Not the way I wanted to start a new day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, emulators don't talk to the card directly, so either your card reader or gp2x corrupted the card because an operation was aborted before it finished?

Squidge said:
Well, emulators don't talk to the card directly, so either your card reader or gp2x corrupted the card because an operation was aborted before it finished?

I am not sure that happened... I always use the taskbar to remove my memory cards, so I am pretty sure it was not a card reader issue. I might have been something to do with the Gp2x. I have reload everything... and downloaded SquidgeSNES... and it is working now thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back