Squidgesnes

dilawar987

Still Fresh
hi,
i tried getting the roms to be located in squidgesnes but nothing seems to work. i put the roms in the same directory zip/unzip as gpe and skin and also at the root of the sd card dir. But nothing comes up. any help will be appreciated.
thanks.

dilawar said:
hi,
i tried getting the roms to be located in squidgesnes but nothing seems to work. i put the roms in the same directory zip/unzip as gpe and skin and also at the root of the sd card dir. But nothing comes up. any help will be appreciated.
thanks.
Squidgesnes looks for roms by default in the roms folder that's located within the Squidgesnes folder (this can be changed via the options menu), so if you don't have one already called that (i'm assuming not) then just create one and copy all your roms into it they should then be detected when you next start Squidgesnes.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,
thanks for thr response. i did make a roms folder amd put the roms inside but it didn't locate it. i also used the absolute dir(i thinks that what its called) in menu and that didn't work.
I'll try it again (what u suggested) just to make sure if it works but as far as i can remember i did try that.
Thanks. :)

dilawar said:
hi,
thanks for thr response. i did make a roms folder amd put the roms inside but it didn't locate it. i also used the absolute dir(i thinks that what its called) in menu and that didn't work.
I'll try it again (what u suggested) just to make sure if it works but as far as i can remember i did try that.
Thanks. :)
Just a suggestion for if you don't get it working, try PocketSNES it doesn't care where you put the roms + it supports more games.

<root of sd card> /roms/snes is where people wanted to put the roms when ss was written, with the reason being that all roms where in the roms directory and seperated into machine type. Configuration allowed to put it in the roms dir in the same dir as the .gpe

Squidge said:
<root of sd card> /roms/snes is where people wanted to put the roms when ss was written, with the reason being that all roms where in the roms directory and seperated into machine type.
To be honest I prefer the Squidgesnes/roms location, because the <root of sd card>/roms/snes method just seems wrong to me for some reason or as the saying goes on the Internet it's made of fail and aids, so i'm just glad that you made it configurable. :)

Edit: discovered ancient knowledge ;)

Back